Zoops sealer

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by Mountaineer, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Mountaineer

Mountaineer Veteran Member

Has anyone tried this sealer from Zoops? I have a lot of polished aluminum on my car (just bought TTIIs) and over the winter the parts get a nasty white film on them, sometimes it etches the aluminum, and I don't want it to happen to my new wheels this winter. I spoke to Zoops, they said it will prevent this from happening. Anyone used this stuff?

2. TenSeven

TenSeven Veteran Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    A few years ago I Zooped a set of billet wheels on my old 2001 Camaro. Even though the wheels were brand-spanking-new-out-of-the-box, I still took the time to completely clean, prep and seal them as detailed in the instructions. I did the Zoop process before having the tires mounted which made the process much easier.

The car the wheels were on lived in the garage all the time and was driven sparingly, but when I sold the wheels about 6-7 months later they looked about the same as when I first put them on.

IMO, not a bad investment...

3. Matt T

Matt T Veteran Member

Nov 12, 2003
    Pawtucket, RI, USA
    I guess it can't hurt, but hopefully there will be a better testimonial. Nothing against you Rick, but I've DA'd sheetmetal and left it in my unheated, often damp garage with no protection for longer than 6-7 months and it still looks like it did...

4. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Rick,

Zoopseal just plain works great!

As long as you take your time to do the prep work and apply the product as directed, you really can't go wrong!

I know the stuff is a little pricey but consider the time, frustrations, and headaches you'll save yourself and it seems like a good deal.

We've done some engines with billet and cast polished aluminum and they've been run on the street and raced for over 3-years and it looks as good as it did when the sealer was applied.

Another thing to note, we have very HARD water spotting where we're at and the sealed parts and wheels clean easily and don't get spotted if you forget to wipe off the water.