Zooms Relic 80Z

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by zooms80z, May 8, 2014.

1. Bus79Z

Bus79Z Member

Oct 14, 2013
    Midwest
    That sucks about finding more rust! But on the bright side, you have one nice transmission!

2. zooms80z

zooms80z Veteran Member

Aug 17, 2009
    fremont,ne.
    Slow but sure!

Yeah, it's how it goes. I have the misfortune of only finding rusty cars. My 82 Trans Am is pretty clean though.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  3. zooms80z

zooms80z Veteran Member

Aug 17, 2009
    fremont,ne.
    Now for something totally different......No progress of the Z28. I'm taking a break because I'm tired of messing with metal work so I switched gears back to my 82 Trans Am and a side paint project for my oldest son.

I was originally going to flip the TA. It had a blown engine and crappy TH200 so I dropped in another motor and TH350. I was close to having it running when I bought the Z28. I have too much money in it now to make anything from selling it, so I decided to get it running so I have a street toy again.

[​IMG]

Nothing special.
    355, 215 Dart Iron Eagles and a new hydraulic .488 Comp cam. I have a Holley 750 that needs a rebuild that will be going on this engine once the cam is broke in.

I also found a Posi disc brake Borg Warner 9 bolt rear end with a 3.27 gear that I swapped for the original 10 bolt. It has all new suspension back there as well.

[​IMG]

Moving on to my Son's car. He bought a 2005 Impreza RS a few months ago and wanted a WRX hood. He bought a brand new one with a carbon fiber scoop, so I primed and painted it. Still need to cut and buff the clear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once I get the Trans Am running, I'll jump back on the Z.

4. saved1992

saved1992 Veteran Member

Mar 21, 2013
    bennington, ne
    WOW lookin good hope see one up at Bennington. Very impressed on your dedication to the projects.

5. zooms80z

zooms80z Veteran Member

Aug 17, 2009
    fremont,ne.
    Thanks! One of these years I'll finish something....( The wife is after me ;) ). I'm gonna try to be there with the Trans Am. It looks good in pics, but needs paint. At least it's not rusty!

Regardless if I have something to bring down there, I'm hoping to see yours!

6. dirtdobber78

dirtdobber78 Veteran Member

Feb 14, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    Good work. Keep it up!