Zoomie Headers

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by turbo-T, Feb 8, 2016.

1. turbo-T

turbo-T New Member

Dec 20, 2015
    mt airy nc
    I am trying to find a set of zoomie headers for a 70 to 73 camaro or I would settle for just the pipes that come out under the fender and turn up like a funny car if anything like that is made. Anybody got any sugestions.

2. CamaroGP

CamaroGP Veteran Member Gold Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Summerfield, Florida
    The Zoomie headers you are referring to are for tube chassis cars with plenty of room up front. I don't know of any headers to simulate the Zoomies. I'm going to follow this tread to see what turns up.

3. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    The closest you may come up with are a set of Hooker side pipes (not sure where you might find them) that used to be popular on Camaros and then have someone fab up a "reverse collector" that splits the collector into 4 pipes. This may turn out to be especially dumb looking and may even make opening the doors impossible.

Other than that, throw out the inner fenders, buy some tubing and start bending and welding.

The Hooker sidepipes may be a good basis for this. I believe they had separate tubes until they exited the undercar area and then the tubes went into the collector. If you were careful, you could hack off the collector and graft on separate tubes in a zoomie pattern.

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190012

4. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

Feb 1, 2007
    South Park Pa
    Pay Motion Clone to build you a set. Check out page 23 of his build thread and the killer set he fabbed. Those things are awesome.

5. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Why not just go thru the fender like what is being run nowadays