zone and dealer help

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by 71 cam, Jun 1, 2014.

1. 71 cam

71 cam New Member

Dec 16, 2013
    australia
    Hi folks, can anyone help with a zone 19 and dealer 000 code on my build sheet for a 71 also looks like it was delivered to a dealer code of 009 but its hard to read as its from the top of the gas tank was told it may be from the portland area. Bit of a shame really, it made it through 40 years roughly and a trip to OZ sitting on top of the tank just to be hit by an aqua blaster in customs when it got here. Also like to thank everyone for a great site, its been a big help so far in the purchase and hopefully the rebuild to come .

2. 70 RS

70 RS Veteran Member

May 27, 2012
    Laveen, AZ
    Welcome aboard 71 cam, Im not tne expert on dealers location codes, someone will chime in and get you an answer.

Any pics? If you dont have pics it dont exist, lol

3. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    Zone 19 did include Oregon as well as Washington, Alaska, Idaho, etc. There is no 000 or 009 or any dealer numbers with leading 0's listed in the database of known dealers.

http://www.ncrs.org/dealercodes.php

It is possible that the 000 could be because it didn't go to any dealer in the US or Canada, but instead was originally an export car.

Check box 120 (Van Nuys build sheet) "Routing". That should show the destination (unloading dock) the car was shipped to.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  4. 71 cam

71 cam New Member

Dec 16, 2013
    australia
    Hi Gary i wish i could see box 120 but that bottom corner is where they hit with the blaster. I originally bought the car out of california last year and had it shipped over then and know the history back to 1983 but it would be nice to know those first 12 years and the original dealer if possible. Do you think that the new corvette data base could be any use to me? Ill try to get a few pics together and post them but computor skills are a bit short on my end.