ZINC PHOSPHATE

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by Major Dad, Feb 8, 2002.

1. Major Dad

Major Dad Guest

I bought a can of the new Zinc Phosphate from EASTWOOD last week to try it out. It looks great! I used it on my hood hinges and all of my hood latch hardware. It's about $10 per can, but worth it. I've seen other brands for as much at $45 per can, but I couldn't see paying that much for a freakin can of paint. Try it out.......

2. rscamaro73

rscamaro73 Administrator Staff Member

Is that the slime lime yellow colored stuff that's supposed to rustproof parts ??

If it is, I can get cans of that all day long at work.....I hate it. They always have clogged tips..... [​IMG]

3. Psychohamster

Psychohamster Veteran Member

Oct 22, 2001
    Redwood City, CA. USA
    ZINC PHOSPHATE? Hot Damn, I thinks that there is da crap my grandaddy used on da ole bloodhound to geet rid o' chiggers, ticks,and boweevil larve. He done did says it gots rid of the rickets on granny's ass too, but he never once did let us watch dang it.

Just kiddin. I just drove my '71 in for disassembly. I think Im just going to paint everything under and in the car semi gloss black other than the drivetrain.I just don't really feel like buying and applying the Camaro/Revlon collection. But I'll probably catch s**t for not doing it 100% correct, ohh well.

4. Major Dad

Major Dad Guest

Here's what the hood hinges look like......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

------------------
    Complete Frame off 'restification' of my 72 RS in progress which was begun on June 3, 2000.

5. Mark Fahey

Mark Fahey Guest

Hinges look good. Did you do this in the interest of restoring to factory appearance?