ZedSled Update

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by kttrucks, Sep 24, 2015.

1. TwinnEngines

TwinnEngines Veteran Member

Kevin,

Having met you I know that you are a great guy and your work is without question, stellar to say the least.

Now that I look like the forum a-hole (through no fault of yours), I wanted to ensure that you understood that for guys who almost never see Disco Camaro builds, this is exciting and we can't get enough. The chief complaints are really a frustration of wanting more and not seeing the truly tremendous work you are doing as frequently as we would like. The car "ahem" mags leave a lot to be desired and this build receiving only marginal coverage is at the heart of many their problems. Please accept my apology if you took this wrong.

Again, having met you and Chip has been one of the highlights of my car building hobby as you are both incredibly nice people. Then again, as I spent a lot of my childhood around Grumpy Jenkins, a porcupine is also nice...lol.

Thanks again for picking this year series of the second gen to build over a 70-73...

TE

2. motown 454

motown 454 Veteran Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Ma.
    Glad it went well for you at SEMA Kevin. Some day I'll make it out there!

3. kttrucks

kttrucks Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Nashville TN
    TE, it's all good! :) Thanks for the kind words, and for understanding. When I started building this car I wanted to go the proven rout for the high-dollar suspension, blown LSA, 3 piece wheels, etc... and people ( industry and product) were mildly interested..... HOWEVER, when I spun it to "Affordable pro-touring" as a goal, the floodgates of support opened, letting me know that the time for the disco cars and rubbernoses has definitely come! Since them it's been great to bring focus on these cars, and have a ton of fun building one for myself. This website, and a few others have been great reference points, and have saved me hours of research investment, so again, thanks! Definitly more to come, and hopefully I can find the time to dust off the photobucket password and give some pics here.

Side note.... I saw an NHRA breakfast forum at SEMA three years ago and Grumpy was on the stage with Shirley Muldowny, Force, and other living legends... he was hilarious, and awesome! What a privilege to be in the same room as him and the other hosts... a moment I won't forget!

KT.

4. typeLT73

typeLT73 Member

May 13, 2013
    New Mexico
    Kevin, Keep up the good work!

5. 70Chev

70Chev Veteran Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Kevin

Lovin hands on cars and the Zedsled updates here in Australia. Keep up the great work.

Darren

6. Coadster32

Coadster32 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Milford,CT

This...and make no apologize. I enjoy reading about the Zed Sled in CC.