ZedSled Update

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by kttrucks, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Chrisbourcier

Chrisbourcier Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Oakbank Manitoba
    Hey Kevin
    Huge fan of your work. I think I watched all you hands on car videos 5 times now, they help me out so far with my builds i have going on. Also help sell me to Eastwood products lol. Thanks again and hope you do more videos for us to learn from

Chris

2. David79Z28

David79Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greenville, TX
    Great job!! Thanks for sharing your build.

3. kttrucks

kttrucks Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Nashville TN
    Thanks Guys!!! Getting ready for SEMA, the car is sitting at DBR right now waiting on a brake cable equalizer. Thanks to the diagrams and posts from people here at NASTY, I'm able to troubleshoot a lot of stuff!! I'm hoping to get the car to SEMA in 2016 in some way shape or form.... before then we're doing a full-feature for Car Craft and hopefully others very soon... I'll need NastyZ/28.com stickers for the window... who should I talk to? I want to support this site. can somebody point me to a moderator? or website owner? Many thanks!

KT.

4. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

If i have any left i will bring you some.

5. TwinnEngines

TwinnEngines Veteran Member

Spammed with a link, no pics and poor online threads showing the build progress. I read the column in one of the rags that you wrote and I get, and I can appreciate, the cycle of the car build, but to be honest a project progress forum usually comes with some pics.

I don't do FB and some others here don't either......so some actual pics of how things were done would be nice- start to finish? If you are saving this for CHP/CC/HR, that's fine, but even those publishings have done a poor job updating the progress.

Apologies if this is taken the wrong way, but if you are going to drop a post on your progress, could you throw in at least a link to pics instead of showing me some eastwood product that I can catch in some mag in the back?

BTW,

I "DO" like the fender vents that were customized.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  6. legierk

legierk Veteran Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Waskom, TX
    If you see post #6, I addressed the same issue. There is a lot of info available, but it is "scattered" across multiple print magazines, youtube videos and internet articles and social sites. It would be great if the info was "consolidated" somehow.

Glad the car will be at SEMA, Kevin. A 2nd Gen representing!

7. TwinnEngines

TwinnEngines Veteran Member

I have been looking forward to seeing the whole build in print, but nary a word. Worse than the disco camaro build. I'm fairly disappointed in the coverage to be honest. As far as magazines and CHP goes, if I wouldn't have gotten a bulk deal on it along with HR, CC, and Street Rodder (the best mag btw), I would not have renewed. Not blaming him, it's just how things seem to be going lately. Not to mention the poorly written op-eds by some of the freelancers....

8. kttrucks

kttrucks Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Nashville TN
    OK, I logged in to give a shout out to NASTY and say thanks for coming by at SEMA and handing me vintage stickers to put on the window of ZedSled... which they will definitely be placed in a very visible place when we do the Hands On Cars show, as well as the Car Craft features ( and any other print that this car gets displayed in) I soooo appreciate the information that I've been able to utilize with this build! Thanks so much!

To address the unsatisfied folks that have issues with the quantity and completeness of info that I've posted:

I'm building this car through CarCraft Magazine, and Eastwoods "Hands On Cars" show, as well as blogging when possible on Facebook and here. The photobucket issues and logistical hoops I need to jump through make it very difficult to give unique and frequent updates with pictures, so that doesn't happen much. This is not a stone thrown at this forum, just a statement. Secondly, the IP issues that go along with working as a freelancer prohibit me from repurposing the photos and editorial content that I use for the magazines I work for, making it impossible to copy-paste tech info from my archives to here....as well as working with my editors and their timelines for the books, I have no control over when the articles fall into the rotation of monthly issues. I post progress when I can, and I know it's not on a regular basis, and I know that there are usually no photos attached to my posts. That may be frustrating to some people and I hate that, but that's the way it is. If this disqualifies me from posting on the "project progress" style forums, If I'm breaking a rule by not having fully documented linear information on a regular basis, then a moderator needs to let me know where to post updates, and where it's appropriate. Please don't read any venom into this... I promise I'm not being crappy, just stating facts and sharing info.

I'll continue to post here as much as I can as long as that's ok with people, and I'll continue to reciprocate my appreciation in print and online, of the vast amount of tech info here, and the wonderful help I've received either in emails, facebook posts, or prior threads that people have taken the time and energy to post. This is what it is, and I appreciate the constructive critisizm as much as the kind words. :)

We're doing dyno pulls over the next few days and I'll post what we get at the tires... looking forward to a well balanced and powerful driving experience!!

Many thanks!

KT.

9. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Kevin, it was pleasure to meet you. You keep doing what you're doing, it's all good.

10. David79Z28

David79Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greenville, TX
    This, thank you!!

I know from experience that Kevin will take time out of his schedule to answer questions. That's awesome!!

If you see something that was missed, ask, Kevin will answer.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015