ZedSled Update

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by kttrucks, Sep 24, 2015.

1. kttrucks

kttrucks Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Nashville TN
    I've been posting and sharing on the Facebook Nasty page, but seldom get here to post, sorry for that! Having said that, the Sled is running, driving, and waiting for a wheel alignment and chassis tune before testing on and off tracks and hiways. I've run across several things that may help others, some from Eastwood, ( surprise...) and other places as well. The "Plastic Resurfacer" has worked miracles on my dash, headlight bezels, Steering wheel, and other detail items, and is not paint, it actually bonds with the plastic and won't roll off or flake... nice stuff. but it's only in black color.

http://search.eastwood.com/search?w=plastic+resurfacer

I have a question for anyone running the high-back seats and a roll cage/ roll bar... what seatbelts a re you using? I wont good protection and like the feel of a 4 or 5 point harness in competition driving, but love these seats! I just got my TMI interior in place, and don't want to switch to Corbeau or anything like that for a number of reasons, the main one being the cost of the seats. Any suggestions? I'm using the factory shoulder harness for now, but want to be "belted" in on an autocross. Anybody doing anything different?

Thanks for this site... Great info.

2. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I've been watching your build, it's been fun to watch!

3. 496z28

496z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    The car is wicked Kevin!

4. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I kind of feel like I was just spammed....

5. kttrucks

kttrucks Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Nashville TN
    Not sure what you mean Aaron, I'm not in the Spam business.. never liked the jelly in the corners of the tin kinda gross.

KT.

6. legierk

legierk Veteran Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Waskom, TX
    Kevin,
    I too have followed the build closely. I haven't caught the new Car Craft, but I did have some questions. I realize there is a lot of info on the build out there, but it appears to be spread out over multiple videos from different sources, internet and print articles and social media.

1) What size wheels and tires are you using?
    2) What are you using for the trunk lift mechanism (since you welded the access panel to the body)?
    3) What gauges did you use?
    4) Is there a way to consolidate or otherwise share in one place where all the build info is? (i.e. Body (link to video or article), primer (link), etc.)

Sorry I can't help with the seats. I had my factory seats reupholstered. Have you driven the car yet? What are your impressions?

I am waiting to here from Matt from Digi-tails on the rear LED kit. He says he will email me as soon as they are available. My worst fear is someone slamming into me, and $250 (estimate) is cheap insurance IMO.

7. hillbilly75

hillbilly75 Veteran Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Nowheresville
    Kevin,
    With my car i have my eye on either Cipher or Kirkey seats with Schroth harnesses. Cipher is about $300/ seat. I understand you do not want to change seats but maybe for autocross etc put in a Cipher or equivalent seat (driver side only)so you have the safety and planted feel you are looking for. Just throwing some ideas out there. My car is being built with a certain set of rules in mind and making sure it fits those safety requirements. So what I've been looking into might not fit what you want/need.

8. LewTube

LewTube New Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Kelowna BC
    Hey Kevin,

Love what you have done with the car.

I think you need to tour it through the Okanagan next summer!

https://youtu.be/bU8iph52bvg

9. kttrucks

kttrucks Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Nashville TN
    I agree! Some of the twisties up in the hills above Osoyoos are wicked!! The road to Cawston above Penticton is pretty alps-like as well, and the drive from Oliver to Vernon was always fun! I miss those roads! :)

10. Carinsulation.com

Carinsulation.com Veteran Member NazstyZ28 Sponsor Gold Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Coplay PA