ZedSled Project

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by kttrucks, Apr 19, 2015.

1. ReorangeCamaro

ReorangeCamaro Veteran Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Front Fender of Zed Sled

Kevin,

I am curious to know if and how you fused the front fender extension together. I haven't seen it mentioned on the Hands on Cars series yet. I did catch how you fused the area between the trunk lid, the back window, and rear quarter panels. Did you do the same for the front fender extensions? Keep up the good work!

2. kttrucks

kttrucks Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Nashville TN
    The front fenders were basically the same technique as the rear panel, and the quarter-to-rocker seam. I never disassembled the fender parts, media blasted and cleaned the metal, then just tac welded the two parts together slowly until I had a solid weld. There was some warpage, but it was easily straightened with easy access to the back side.

On a side note, I just installed my wheels on the upgraded 10 bolt and 12 inch brake setup.... I have rolled the wheel lip in almost flush to the quarter, and eliminated the seat belt humps, and there is room enough (easily) for an 11 inch wheel with no rub. I have 18 X 10's with almost 3/4 clearance to the leaf spring, and about a half inch to the quarter lip.... The tires are 295/35/18's ( Bridgestone Potenza) and look great, but would have looked better wider. Funny, the BFG KDWII tires look an inch wider with the same size as the bridgestones... BFG was completely out of KDW's, the Rivals were not the right tire for the build, and the new Street Comps were out of stock as well. I guess tht's what happens when you make a tire that EVERYBODY wants! :)

I'll get some pics up soon when the world stops spinning so dam fast.

KT.