Zbugger's '77 Camaro

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by zbugger, Jun 13, 2008.

1. zbugger

zbugger Veteran Member

Ok, so I guess I should start a thread with what I'm doing to my car. I'm going to start out by posting a link to my cardomain site that has a few of the pictures of my car, and then I'll be adding more as I move along here. It hasn't changed much as of late, so this link has some pretty current pictures.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/392193

I do have a bunch of other parts to add to the list, but I still have to take some pictures and find the cord to my camera so I can upload them. Feel free to let me know what you guy think about it.

2. Ls1smlblck

Ls1smlblck Veteran Member

Apr 6, 2001
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Hey man nice pics, you got a good base to start with. Will be looking forward to see the progress. :)

3. KJZ28

KJZ28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Brewsterico, New Fail
    That is AWESOME I love the direction your taking.

4. zbugger

zbugger Veteran Member

Thanks guys. I'll be taking pics of the oiling system I just got for the 408 I'll be building for it, and a bunch of the other stuff I've got for it. I'm still in the parts collecting stage for a lot of it.

5. Marks71BB

Marks71BB Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Car is looking good Allen!
    Some nice mods so far!

6. zbugger

zbugger Veteran Member

Thanks Mark. Some things I still have to take pictures of are the LS1 rear brakes, LED tail lights, the remote power lock system, and the oiling system for the 408 I'm going to be building for her. There's a few detail things that I've gotten as well, but that's gonna be shown as the car is further along.

7. zbugger

zbugger Veteran Member

Ok, here's an example of some of the parts I'm collecting. Some of you may have already seen the rear end cover I've got for it.

[​IMG]

It came with basic grade five bolts that looked nice, but just weren't my taste.

[​IMG]

So, I just got what I like. I got some polished stainless bolts from ARP.

[​IMG]

So here's a couple comparison shots between the two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah, it's gonna be under the car, but I want everything to be right on my car. I like the little finishing touches like that.

And yeah, they were quick pictures and my camera does suck. Sorry about the quality of the shots. I hope you get the idea though.

8. zbugger

zbugger Veteran Member

Oh yeah, I also have these sitting here waiting to be installed as well.

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, forgot to add. Those also have the offset cross shaft so I could go a bit more aggressive with the camber setting if I feel the need to.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  9. zbugger

zbugger Veteran Member

So I test fit one of the 18 x 9.5" wheels on the front of my car with a set of adapters I have. I just confirmed that I need a 2" adapter for them to fit just right. It may be a bit tight at the rear of the wheel well at full lock, but I'll see what I can do to work on that issue. I'll be running 275/35's on them in the front. Sorry about the picture quality. Quick shot with the cell phone camera was all I could get.

[​IMG]

10. zbugger

zbugger Veteran Member

So I got a bug up my butt and decided to test fit another set of wheels on my car. I believe the fronts are 18x9.5's and the rears are 18x10.5's, but I'm not positive on it. They did come off a Z06 though. The front tires are 275/35-18 and the rears are 315/30-18. I'll start off with a shot of them on the car.

[​IMG]

Here's some shots of the rear. I've got a little over an inch clearance to the spring, and I'll have to beat in the seat belt hump to clear better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some clearance shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now this is with a 2.75" adapter on there. In the back I am debating a 2.25" or a 2.5" adapter to clear. My original goal was to run some 295's back there, but when I test fit these I damn near crapped myself. I had more space than I had originally thought.