Zagreb Z28

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Tompa, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Tompa

Tompa Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Hi!

Few months, I've been lookin' through Nastyz28 and it's amazing what you've have done and doing with your Camaros.

First to introduce myself...
    My name is Tomislav (Tompa) and I'm from Croatia. Whole my life I'm in love in American muscle cars (Challenger , Camaro, Trans Am...)
    and now I'm part of this world.

I don't know if I'm in right section or I'll have to write in international... but still...

Few months ago I bought '78. Camaro Z28. Car was imported from California ten years ago and was selled to one inresposeble first owner.
    Few months later cops confiscated Camaro and import guy take it back. So...I bought Camaro from him and started to tearing appart...
    It's funny how easy is to unscrew whole car in a few hours. I mean Camaro perticulary cause European cars are much harder...
    Camaro don't have rust wholes and other conciderable dammages. During disassembleng I saw that it was hit on left side of the firewall
    and on the minor hit on left back side... Hm?! Left side is jinxed.
    My plan (for now) is to sand drivetrain and underneath the car. I have to repaint it cause old paint fade and it's burned by California's sun...
    (that was told to me so I'll never know the truth). Some parts I'll try to save and some I'll have to buy like you all...
    The engine is in shape as you see in a picture... I know that I can't make it as new like you all are, but I'll do best I can.
    It's hard o get parts. I meant, in my country there isn't part's shop for old American cars and the only thing I have is is ebay and
    similary shops in USA...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advices are welcome...

2. Tompa

Tompa Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Zagreb, Croatia
  3. Barry Dingle

Barry Dingle Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Denton, TX
    That's a good starting project especially if you're not having to fight rust. I really like that color combo.

4. gordonquixote

gordonquixote Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Tallahassee, FL
    Nice car to start with. Welcome to the site!

5. David Hartley

David Hartley Veteran Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Glen St. Mary, Fl.
    Your hardest part is going to be getting parts. But it looks like you have something solid to work with.

6. Ls1smlblck

Ls1smlblck Veteran Member

Apr 6, 2001
    Jacksonville, Fl
    welcome, not a bad start. :)

7. mjoc

mjoc Veteran Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Sherman Oaks, Ca
    Welcome I would make sure that you put a good rust preventor, like a product called por15. this will keep this car from rusting since you get alot of snow in Croatia. The body doesn't look like it really needs a paint job. Just color sand and buff then apply alot of extra wax or a good clear coat.. Stripping the paint unless neccessary will destroy a car like your in that climate really fast.
    Mike
    We are all here to help.
    Never let a good camaro Die. Enjoy

8. burak sozer

burak sozer Veteran Member

May 29, 2005
    Eggharbor Twp NJ
    wellcome to the forum,

If I were you I would remove the tires, they are BF Goodrich and valuable in our side of water. While in body work they can easily become junk.

That size tires not easily available in europe. You can install junk tires instead.

For your part needs you can PM me... Im in Istanbul and provide something with cheap freight.

Good project.
    Burak.

9. Project79Z

Project79Z Veteran Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Welcome to the site!!! Good project!!! Best thing about seeing the pics from a different country is all the different signs and the trucks in the background of the first pic!!! ;)

10. 1FstChevy

1FstChevy Veteran Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Buckeye State
    Welcome! It looks like you've got a great project to start with, and it doesn't look like much of anything is missing.

Make sure you keep more valuable pieces like those tail lights in good condition and out of harms way!