Zac's 1979 Camaro Z28 Project

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by ZacGroftZ28, Jan 10, 2013.

1. ZacGroftZ28

ZacGroftZ28 Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Delaware
    stopped by my friends garage he had a 6.6l TA and some other projects around
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ZacGroftZ28

ZacGroftZ28 Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Delaware
    finally got my original z wheels sand blasted. does anyone have an opinion whether i should paint them body color or another color?
    [​IMG]

Heres an example of them body color

[​IMG]

3. Blu-By-U 79Z

Blu-By-U 79Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    Body color. Looks great with brown and gold.

4. ZacGroftZ28

ZacGroftZ28 Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Delaware
    Yeah I like them body color too but I also like them gray thanks

5. ZacGroftZ28

ZacGroftZ28 Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Delaware
    ive been working on my car allot over my break from school

I bought a 010 block and started tearing it down for a complete rebuild
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i also cleaned up the valve covers
    [​IMG]
    the engine is pulled out of the car and the next thing is to clean up the engine bay
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. slayer74

slayer74 Veteran Member

Jan 10, 2014
    yonkers new york
    looks good considering all you did was paint the nose and hood install a grill and decals i hope to have one of my own soon

7. ZacGroftZ28

ZacGroftZ28 Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Delaware
    more updates on my project my engine is complete and running in the car finally after lots of work and thanks to a huge amount of help from some of my buddies. However now that my engines in and ready to go my trans is slipping.. so thats the next thing, after that I have to find a good rear to replace the open rear I currently have.

my freshly machined 355

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fresh paint and new heads intake rocker arms and valve covers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    video of the first time the engine was running

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid1326.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fu649%2Fzegroft7%2FEFA452B7-171B-4075-810C-C8EACE021762_zpsipt88ihz.mp4">

also got my new gauges all hooked up and working

[​IMG]

heres a picture of the blown engine my buddy scored for $1500 completely rebuilt and freshened up

[​IMG]

8. ZacGroftZ28

ZacGroftZ28 Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Delaware
    since ive posted last i have decided to get rid of the old th350 and swap it for a 4 speed. i picked up a close ratio super t10 and a parts car that was a 4 speed so i should have everything neccessary. i completley gutted the interior and pulled the trans when i pulled the carpet up i foud a decent amount of rust on the passenger floor(probably cuz of the leaky ttops lol).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    i got the old flex plate off and put the flywheel on it i also got the clutch pressure plate and bell housing on just didnt take any pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the car i picked up is full of nice oem parts its too bad it got taken so far apart because it looks like a really nice car.

[​IMG]

if anyone has gone from auto to four speed and has some tips id appreciate the help thanks

Zac