You are the experts,is this 70rs z worth it?

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by biendog, Jul 13, 2013.

1. biendog

biendog Veteran Member

Oct 8, 2011
    bellville,tx
    There is a 70 rs z/28 project on ebay(don't know how to post it on here)It is in Salena Kansas and the bid is 17.6k,owner wants way more like 26k,Maybe someone could post it on here and give me some expert opinions on its value.A lot of the work is done and lot's of money spent but I'm curious what you guys think??

2. daddio4048

daddio4048 Veteran Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Valdosta,Ga.
    I think 26 K is reaching when it's not together. You will have ti inventory all the parts to make sure it's all there. I'm thinking no more than 20k unassembled.Maybe somebody else can chime in on this.

3. krabben1

krabben1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 16, 2007
    ( . Y . )Delco
    Looks like what was done was nice,but no.26K cars come assembled.

4. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
    Some assembly required...

[​IMG]

It wouldn't be all that difficult to rebuild (assuming EVERYTHING is there) but the price should reflect the fact it's a 300 piece puzzle.

The new owner could keep this forum busy with, "Where does this part go?" questions for months.

5. shad_van

shad_van Veteran Member

Jun 15, 2012
    las vegas, NV
    to me even a 17k car comes painted. also from my personal experience, every car that is take apart, and then sold ends up missing something and it is usually a show stopper until that part can be located or purchased.

when I restored my old 76 Camaro, I tagged and bagged every piece I took off that car and still the sub frame bushings disappeared to never be seen again.

6. biendog

biendog Veteran Member

Oct 8, 2011
    bellville,tx
    I think 27k with the car done,finished,and with a straight and perfect paint job and body would not be a slam dunk sale,am I wrong?or is it worth more than I'm thinking cause I'm not an expert by no means.

7. High Country Z

High Country Z Veteran Member

Unless you can do your own body and paint, plan on dumping another 10-15K in to that car, looks like a good project car though if you can get it for the right price.

8. coxwm2

coxwm2 Member

I want the Dune Buggy in that guys garage.

9. CDesperado

CDesperado Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    You have to ask yourself what it would cost to buy a roller and bring it to that stage... 26,000 is probably close to what he has in it, but he shouldnt expect to get all his money back for an incomplete project.