yo! dudes w/72 or so w/A/C!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & Diagnosis' started by bullheimer, May 25, 2005.

1. bullheimer

bullheimer Veteran Member

Jan 8, 2003
    mount vernon, wa
    under the hood i have an orange @ 12ga wire going to and connected to my high speed relay. i also have a 14ga orange wire (smaller than the other) coming out of the engine loom by itself and heading over to the area of the a/c controls on the a/c box with the relay, resistor and switch in front of the passenger. this 14ga wire has a rubber boot on it with a female spade connector just sitting there doing nothing. i think this is for cars w/o a/c and they just left it on there, because all my heater stuff works soooo..... i want to know - if you have a 72 or so 'maro with a/c, if you have this orange wire just sitting there going nowhere, like i do???? thanks. also, is there anywhere on this site that has an electrical wiring diagram??? my assembly manual doesnt list colors or gauge [​IMG]

2. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
    Try here for diagrams...

http://www.nastyz28.com/2gcog/wiring.html

I hate those odd wires that seem to go nowhere! I have a couple of them too. I know one is for a lock-up torque converter and I think the other one is for an electric choke. I now have neither. I really should label them someday so I remember what they are as I start to get old and forgetful. [​IMG]

3. bullheimer

Jan 8, 2003
    mount vernon, wa
    thanks twisted, i checked that and sure enuf it shows a 14ga orange to the blower motor, which isnt used on a/c cars. i think it must have been put on all cars regarless, that is what i'm trying to verify.

4. 4 speed

4 speed Veteran Member

Jun 15, 2001
    MD.
    I have a 71 w/ac all stock,I'll look at it tonite and see what's there.

Will

5. bullheimer

Jan 8, 2003
    mount vernon, wa
    4speed! whadya come up with?

6. 4 speed

4 speed Veteran Member

Jun 15, 2001
    MD.
  7. bullheimer

Jan 8, 2003
    mount vernon, wa
    thanks. i dont know why i have the 3 or 4 wire connector on the front of my relay and only one pin in the rear. am i spozed to have this like that? all my heater stuff works great now. but the parts store guy at napa originally tried to give me one that had two single connectors in the rear. could it be i have the wrong relay?