yet another 1979 Z-28 build

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by nagrom28, Nov 15, 2013.

1. nagrom28

nagrom28 Veteran Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Wilton, Iowa
    new brake booster, master cylinder, pre bent brake lines, and fuel lines were installed.

[​IMG]

2. nagrom28

nagrom28 Veteran Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Wilton, Iowa
    I bought new ACC carpet from rockauto.com....new seat covers, sun visors, head liner, door panels, sill plates, and rear package tray, from classic industries, new Coverlay dash cap (which I'm very impressed with), and a new stereo and speakers from a local accessories store. I also re-dyed the lower dash and all the other hard plastic in the interior with SEM landau black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. nagrom28

nagrom28 Veteran Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Wilton, Iowa
    how the car looks today. the next step is getting the inner fenders and radiator support media blasted and painted so I can get the fenders on, install my new gas tank with new sending unit, install the drive shaft, then paint and install the hood, trunk lid, and bumpers. I'm also planning on sending the gauges to Gaugemarks to be restored.

[​IMG]

4. mgoad1971

mgoad1971 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Awesome job!! Do you have blueprints/instructions for that rocker rotisserie??

5. nagrom28

nagrom28 Veteran Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Wilton, Iowa
    no. and I sold it....I could probably help someone if they wanted to build one. I know the large pieces are 2'x4'x3/4" plywood. double thick. glued and screwed together....the piece under the sub frame mount is a 4x4....the rear has a double 2x6 going across the bumper mounts....and I used a 2x6 sticking up for the car to roll over onto. the front also has a 2x4 going across the firewall and bolts to the fender mounts....the rest is basically just 2x4's mounted wherever I thought it needed more bracing....

6. mgoad1971

mgoad1971 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    I saved the photo. Knowing the measurments of the 79, I'll be able to figure out the rest, I just wanted an easy way out;)

7. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
  8. ctchap70

ctchap70 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I put the same speakers in my 81! I got mine on evil bay though. Your doing some awesome work. Looks great!

9. Blu-By-U 79Z

Blu-By-U 79Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    Thats a sweet ride. Love the color.. but im biased. Glad you got it back and are finally getting things done.

10. SSLX76

SSLX76 Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Newborough, Australia
    Great work, done a fantastic job and would love to see the finished work....