yeap.another fuel gauge problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & Diagnosis' started by acamarozforme, Jan 4, 2005.

1. acamarozforme

acamarozforme New Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Modesto Ca. usa
    ok,i got a new sending unit and new fuel gauge,But the problem is when its hooked up it reads full when the float is down(in the empty position)..As the float raises(to full)the gauge goes toward empty,but stops at the half full mark when the float is all the way up in the full position ???? any help PLEASE,,THANKS

2. z28smokin

z28smokin Veteran Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Sounds like you have the wires reversed. My tank is at the radiator shop getting resodered and I have a new sending unit waiting for me at Carquest. Let me know how it goes.

3. acamarozforme

acamarozforme New Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Modesto Ca. usa
    Okies I will.As for the wires. I have the sending unit hooked to the S and the hot wire hooked to the + and the ground to the - on the gauge.Its a new sending unit and a new aftermarket gauge,So Im thinking I might have to go to an GM gauge..Dunno for sure lol thats why I was asking you guys,,Thanks

4. mjoc

mjoc Veteran Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Sherman Oaks, Ca
    you are going to need to check the resistance on the gauge. try switching the wires anyway if it works their you go...