working on the cold ground

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by pongo32, Nov 17, 2002.

1. pongo32

pongo32 Veteran Member

Mar 19, 2001
    Illinois
    had to work on the wifes car this weekend and its gettin cold here in IL. of course AFTER i was done i had the idea of using an electric blanket to lay on while i was under the thing. would prob be more comfortable than the cold concrete.

2. archemedes

archemedes Veteran Member

Jul 17, 2002
    Saraland AL,USA
    Never fails you always come up with the best ideas just a little too late. Now remember this for the next time.

------------------
    Yahoo messenger ID archemedes74 feel free to add me
    Give blood play hockey!

3. SilyPutty

SilyPutty Veteran Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Arvada Colorado
    That's a good idea.

4. craggar

craggar Veteran Member

Jul 28, 1999
    edmonton
    I wish you had of posted this a couple weeks ago I could have used it.I was helping another member take out his leaf springs in a non heated garage on the cold cement and no creeper.For the next week my back was killing me.Fortunately they had most of it done and everything else came out pretty easy so it didn't take long but I'll remember your good tip although I don't want to have to use it, maybe I can just supervise and the young ones can do the grunt work. [​IMG]

5. harryh623

harryh623 Member

Mar 30, 2002
    lincoln university pa
    thats a very good idea do you mind if i use it *l*

6. eightyZ28

eightyZ28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 30, 2001
    Longview,Tx
    Only thing about that is.....Hope you don't encounter any leaky/leaking fluids.....OUCH!!!

7. zgator

zgator Veteran Member

Don't worry about it getting wet.I'm a bed wetter and it never bothered me.There I'm glad I got thet off my chest.

------------------
    70 z-28 4speed,71 camaro hugger orange/white stripes.78 Bandit Trans-Am driver and 75 Trans-Am parts car (former know it all)From the garden of good and evil(Savannah Ga.)

8. 72prostreet

72prostreet Veteran Member

Feb 25, 2002
    zgator your depends don't leak do they ? [​IMG]

------------------
    DO IT NICE NOT TWICE
    http://www.picturetrail.com/72prostreet

9. ericj205

ericj205 Veteran Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Huntsville, AL USA
    that is a good idea

iv'e always used cardboard to lay on anytime i crawl under a car. whether its concrete, gravel, grass, hot, cold whatever. it makes it easy to slide, provides a little cushion and helps with cleaning up spills. store it underneath my car when i'm not using it

------------------
    ericj205@nastyz28.com
    '71 RS/SS w/ vortec heads in progress
    '65 Chevelle Malibu 2dr Coupe

"When I rev the engine I want people to think the world is coming to an end" -Homer Simpson