woodgrain plate for cheap

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by LayZ, Dec 3, 2001.

1. LayZ

LayZ Veteran Member

Jun 9, 1999
    NJ. US
    sorry short story first.I've seen this going around lately and i have to say i was lucky. Originaly my RS/Z had the deluxe interior, but it only had the door panels. I finally found a bezel on ebay and paid $150 for it in good shape. The shifter plate was another story. I bid on one and it was rough not like in the picture to make a long story short i was stiffed wouldn't take it back because he said i had the picture on the site then you should not have bid. Ok well what cha going to do? So i found a sign place here in NJ that had burlwood vinyl. Stand Out Signs, The plate was easy it was just a matter of cutting the vinyl to spec. I have a pic i think if your intersted in how it came out i'll more then happily email to you. It came out good not the correct pattern but still looks good. I am trying to do the bezel but it is alot harder then i thought. The vinyl ran me $20 with plenty left over to play with.

------------------
    Women Love Men In Bowties

2. fvdillon

fvdillon Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Crete,IL
    I would definitely be interested in this stuff and seeing your pictures. I too have gotten a bad piece from e-bay. Jim

3. 70to73forme

70to73forme Veteran Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Prince Albert SK, Canada
    If you could forward the pics to me as well that would be great, Thanks.