Wood Frame Rotisserie - Pics

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by 77RS, Sep 22, 2007.

1. 68400BIRD

68400BIRD Veteran Member

Feb 7, 2006
    GO PACK GO
    If you plan on having Daniel help you on your car make sure to use treated wood. LOL J/K

2. kawboy

kawboy Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Indiana
    I don't mean to highjack, but since there are alot of people looking at this I have one question. I am going to be doing two rotisserie restorations in the future and I have seen alot of Camaros on rotisseries without reinforcment bars in the door openings to keep everything square. My two cars, one is a t-top car and the other is a hard top. Any comments?

3. iregret

iregret Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Land of enlightenment.
    If you were to write detailed instructions and give out exact measurements I'm sure people would buy them. I know I would.

Parts list + measurements = $$

It would be as simple as some one paypaling you the money and you emailing the plans to them. Or if you wanted to get fancy, you could make a video like wookie and sell that.

4. 77RS

77RS Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Asheboro, NC
    I haven't really given it any thought to sell the plans, but I guess it would be easy enough to do. I'd just have to take a few measurements. You can get a good idea of measurements and materials on page 3 of this thread. You can build one of these for around $150 or less. :)
    Thanks!
    Daniel

5. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Not to steal Daniel's thunder, but I typed up detailed plans and a parts list quite some time ago for the wooden rotisserie I built for my 76. My rotisserie is not as beefy as Daniel's, but it has gotten the job done and has been a great help in my project. I am 6' 240 lb, so turning the car is not an issue for me, so no counterweights (which is a great idea). In retrospect, I did not mount my body high enough up to get 360* turning (I thought I was going to be low on overhead room, long story), but that can easily be fixed. Just mount it ~18" higher than I did :D

Hopefully Daniel doesn't mind me posting this here. :) This is merely my plan, so feel free to tweek it to fit your needs. But it has worked fine and I climbed inside the shell all the time and it held up great.

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178058

6. 73 Z

73 Z Veteran Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Los Angeles, Ca
    should'nt have any problems with the hard top, but a T-top i dont know about. The bodys are very light and only take 2 people to pick them up.

7. sspony

sspony New Member

Feb 25, 2012
    D.C.
    Started working on a wooden one for my 66' mustang this week... I'll try to post some pics in the next few days. So far so good...

8. DaveD

DaveD Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Ashebro, North Carolina
    Mine worked great, I could spin the car with one finger.
    I even put casters on it so I could roll it outside.
    Best $50 bucks I ever spent.

[​IMG]

9. 68400BIRD

68400BIRD Veteran Member

Feb 7, 2006
    GO PACK GO
    BTW, my car is still on the rotisserie almost 9 months later :confused: :whine: I was hoping to be further along by now. At least I can tell you that the rotisserie is safe lol[/QUOTE]

So how long has the car been on the rottisserie now:crazy: :screwup: :happy:

Just wondering how it's holding up.

10. sspony

sspony New Member

Feb 25, 2012
    D.C.
    Wow man, looks great! I just put the wheels on mine tonight... should be ready to go now. Unfortunately I have to put it on the Rotis outside then spin it upside down to roll it back into the garage... Just gotta wait on the weather.