Wood Frame Rotisserie - Pics

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by 77RS, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Camaro GT

Camaro GT Veteran Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Kamloops, BC.
    ive gotta give credit where credits due

i love seeing things like this man and now that i have seems like it was obvious all along

btw i did laugh a little when i pictured that thing spinnin round top heavy and whippin you up in the air :confused:

2. thedude327

thedude327 Veteran Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Brighton,Michigan U.S.A.

Great idea !!!!!!! Once you've got your car off of that rotisserie, you might want to consider making those available for sale, just modify the center of gravity, because it looks as if you've got the other problems worked out.
    We're gonna have to change your handle from 77RS to Woody though...........;)

3. Bluechevyz28

Bluechevyz28 Veteran Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Tampa
  4. 77RS

77RS Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Asheboro, NC
    Just wondering.... did anyone else ever build one of these from wood? There were some guys here that wanted some dimensions, but never heard anything else.

BTW, my car is still on the rotisserie almost 9 months later :confused: :whine: I was hoping to be further along by now. At least I can tell you that the rotisserie is safe lol

5. masparks

masparks Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Gas, Kansas
  6. RICARDO1969

RICARDO1969 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 14, 2007
    Waukesha WI
    that is fine craftsmanship! i built a body dolly just to roll my camaro around not a rotisserie but it serves its purpose[​IMG][​IMG]

7. rc_rs_ss

rc_rs_ss Veteran Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Thats awesome. I just gott one suggestion though. Before you make billions selling them find a way to make it "Non Flamable" --

8. 77RS

Oct 18, 2006
    Asheboro, NC
    LOL I don't plan on selling any of these. This is just my personal one off :D Welding blanket and fire extinguisher are nearby, although I don't plan to do anymore welding until I get it off of the rotisserie.

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  9. comp

comp Member

Mar 16, 2008
    eville, in
    another project :D

10. 77RS

Oct 18, 2006
    Asheboro, NC
    Bringing up an old thread

I was looking back at this thread just to see how long ago it was that I built the rotisserie. Can't believe it's been three years already :eek: Thought I may as well bring the thread back up in case anyone is looking for an inexpensive way to get the car off the ground.

I'm a little ashamed to say that the car is still on it, but the good news is that it's held up this long with no probs! Hopefully the Camaro won't be swinging too much longer. It's getting closer to coming off.