Wood Frame Rotisserie - Pics

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by 77RS, Sep 22, 2007.

1. 77RS

77RS Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Asheboro, NC
    I got my car swinging today on the new rotisserie that I'm building. Got a couple more things to add, but I had to get it in the air to see what else I need. This is going to work out great! Weekend project is to put a small brace in each corner and add a turning attachment.

It just made sense to me to use materials that I already had at the shop. Most of the wood was given to me by a friend that moved a few months ago. He didn't want to take it to his new house. I've got maybe $30 invested in hardware.

When stripped down, the car shell only weighs around 500 lbs. I've got a 2 foot step ladder made out of 1x2's and rivets that is factory rated @ 200 lbs :confused: This structure is no prob for 500 lbs. I'll post final pics later if anyone is interested.

EDIT: More pics on pages 3 and 4.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  2. Marks71BB

Marks71BB Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That is awesome!!

Great jobon the rotiserie. been thinking about doing that myself Great engineering!

3. RSA'81B

RSA'81B Guest

Nice job and design, looks solid

4. Chris77Z28

Chris77Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Once your done just cut off the top and make you a picnic table out of it. LOOKS GREAT!!!!!

5. 77RS

77RS Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Asheboro, NC
    LOL Yeah, when I'm working on the top of the car I can bolt a sheet of plywood to the bottom and flip it over at lunch time. I'll get a couple of bar stools and be in business! LOL

Actually, I've got my eye on a Trans Am that I may put in line to get on the ferris wheel when I get this one off ;)

PS: thanks for the compliments guys. It always feels good to get an atta boy from my peers!

6. MarcZ

MarcZ Veteran Member

Dec 6, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    looks good, just don't lay under it.

7. Skaal-tel 79

Skaal-tel 79 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2004
    CFB Petawawa, Ontario
    oof I see some rust alright...

Good job man - working on the car is gonna be a blast when you can clean it up without all that stuff landing in your eyes...

8. rscamaro73

rscamaro73 Administrator Staff Member

First wooden one I've seen. Great job on it.

I guess if you want it stationary, that'll work nicely. Think you could modify it for wheels ???

9. Scatter

Scatter Veteran Member

Jun 26, 2003
    Millbrook, Al
    Man, that is cool!!! How hard is it to turn?

10. vfitom2aol.com

vfitom2aol.com Veteran Member

Mar 2, 2000
    NE PA