Wiring for the Rear Lights

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by sandiego74, Dec 6, 2017.

1. sandiego74

sandiego74 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 23, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    I decided to clean up some of the crappy wiring someone had done to my car for the non-factory radio and speakers that were in it. I removed the speakers a long time ago, as they hadn't worked when I first got the car, but I left the wiring alone. If you had seen how bad it looked, you'd understand why I wanted to mess it (seriously, I thought I was bad with electrical). So I removed the speaker wires from the rear, which were routed where the factory rear-light harness goes, and some other wires that were connected to the radio and led no where (as in they weren't connected to anything at the end; just freely dangling around). However, I must've hit or pulled something incorrectly, as now my rear driving lights do not work. The brake lights and turn signals are fine, but not the night-time driving lights. I'm checking for power along the rear light harness that runs up the side, but does anyone know where it goes from here (pictured below) in the cab? Can't seem to see it on the wiring diagram, nor can I see/feel it under the dash.

IMG_2787.JPG

2. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

Oct 11, 2015
    North Bay, CA
    From the kick panel in your photo it runs through a Chanel under the sill plate, under the back seat area into the trunk. If you pull the carpet back you'll see the Chanel that covers the harness. Hope this helps.

3. larrylarry

larrylarry Veteran Member

Dec 22, 2011
    San Antonio Tx
    Check your bulbs they should be duel element

4. sandiego74

Feb 23, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Thank you, sir, however I followed the harness from the rear and need to know where it goes in the front. It kind of disappears under the kick panel.

5. sandiego74

Feb 23, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Yes, they are dual element, and the bulbs seem to be just fine.