Wiper spray not working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & Diagnosis' started by JD Z, Aug 22, 2017.

1. JD Z

JD Z Veteran Member

A new to me 80 Z28. The car didn't have the wiper hoses and I connected up the hoses and filled the tank. I primed the tube from the tank to the wiper motor. Still no squirt coming. Not sure how many years the wiper spay has been out of commission. They stripped most stuff off the underside of the hood...I suspect for the carb replacement.

I believe pushing the wiper button in is what triggers the wiper spray. If I'm not getting any action, what is the most probable cause? The switch, the pump or other?

2. hogg

hogg Veteran Member

Dec 29, 2000
    pegram,tn.,cheatam
    First check grown wire back side of switch,for grown. This is also the grown for dome lite switch and some dash lights on some cars. Check others switch wire for + power. check the fuss box, check the wipper motor and other wires for + power from motor to switch for going to switch. Take cover off of spray pump, Pushing the switch should start the pump by grounding it for low speed and start the pump,turns the cam that places the radit arm over a toothed gear untill it makes a full turn and kicks off, Now witch what happens when some one pushes the switch,some times the cam or spring is broke . New one aren't to high. Lots of luck

JD Z likes this.