Wiper Motor Options

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by badazz81z28, Feb 11, 2018.

1. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    Looks like a good kit, I’m not a fan of a completely hidden system. I want it to look stock with a modern motor. Wouldn’t the motor have issues getting wet? Hmmm

2. Scarebird

Scarebird Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Bothell, WA
    A dozen years ago I put in a delay wiper in my 71 LeMans. I modded a 1981 Regal switch to fit: it worked great. Unfortunately those switches are not made new nor are common in boneyards. So I now was trying to retrofit the TA with delay; up here in the PNW it is mandatory with all the damn mists and drizzle.

After trying different motors and switches I doped out if you run a wire from a single wire delay terminal on the wiper motor to a 1MΩ rheostat then to ground you will get a delay! Granted, you need to "fox" the parking relay by having the rheostat at zero (no resistance), turn on the wiper to low, wait a swipe then dial the rheostat to what speed you wish (1MΩ is at max 30 seconds or so...). And do the reverse to park the wipers - switch to zero, wait a swipe then turn the wipers off. Camaros without hidden wipers can use a electronic delay box.