wife is talking to moving here , whats the jobs situation there

Discussion in 'Arizona Region' started by red78z, Oct 29, 2016.

1. red78z

red78z Veteran Member

Sep 12, 2009
    pottsville,pa.
    ive worked @ aloca and saps

2. zzzzz28

zzzzz28 Veteran Member

You said where you worked at Aloca & Saps, but what is your position, education level, experience, etc?

I've worked in the computer industry (system admin, network engineer) with a college degree and certifications, and 20 years of experience. My job was eliminated (mid west) and it took me a little over a week to get a new job in AZ. One note, however, is I spent a lot of time in AZ, as my daughter went to school at ASU, and stayed here, so I sort of knew the area. I did not move here cold turkey.

What I am seeing, at least at my current position, is there are a lot of applications, but not a lot of qualified applicants.

3. red78z

red78z Veteran Member

Sep 12, 2009
    pottsville,pa.
    sorry it was alcoa and sapa, i was an equipment operator and overhead crane op. ive got over 20 yrs experience operating machinery and about 7 yrs in the overhead crane , my wifes considering it due to the cold here in Pa. affecting my back issues, but like you said one of us would have to move there to get things going and then we'd have to sell the house and things here , i told her its alot more involved than just up and moving , just wondering how the job situation is out there , i know theres a Alcoa/Sapa in phoenix , and i could probably get in there , but @ my age would it be worth the hassle