Who Has a Prebuilt Garage of Any Kind?

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by BrianW78LT, Mar 18, 2015.

1. BrianW78LT

BrianW78LT New Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Da Burg, Va
    I need a 26X26x10 garage, due to my location that is as big as I can go for my lot. Does anyone here have a garage from Olympia Steel Buildings, Leonard Buildings or Caroline Carports? If so, how do you still like it or do you wish you would have done something different? I know, I will have to put in some work in on erecting the Olympia Building but with the other companies they come in and knock them out in a day or two.

2. Goodwrench1965

Goodwrench1965 Veteran Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Charlotte NC
    In general the steel prefabricated garage can be the best bang for the buck. You can often have a nice building built on your property cheaper than you can buy materials to build any same size structure not including the labor! If you live some place where your property value is a serious consideration sometime building a garage that matches architecturally is better. Evaluate if you are on a budget for cheapest way to get your car out of the weather or if you want nice complementary structure that has other virtues desired like looks or insinuative qualities.

3. BrianW78LT

BrianW78LT New Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Da Burg, Va
    Thanks Goodwrench1965, well said.

4. I have a Carolina car ports building. I love it and it cost less to have it built than I could have purchased the material for.

5. BrianW78LT

BrianW78LT New Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Da Burg, Va
    What size did you go with and did you get it certified parts master1?

6. Mine is 24x36. I'm not sure they can go any wider than 24'. I did not need a windstorm cert so I did not pay the extra cost. They do offer them though. I'll post a pic or two tonight for you if I have time.

7. BrianW78LT

BrianW78LT New Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Da Burg, Va
    Ok, parts master1 I can't wait to check your pics of your garage out!

8. LtRsZ

LtRsZ Veteran Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Tacoma, WA
    I put up a 20x24 versatube carport with 12' wall height. Great kit and I will enclose it. They ship directly to you and can customize to your needs while meeting your local code. They offer garage kits too.