Which one is best?

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by Brett Gordon, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Brett Gordon

Brett Gordon New Member

Dec 7, 2017
    im currently restoring a white 1981 z28 with a dark blue interior. I’m wanting to get mostly OER parts, but they’re expensive and I’m son a budget. Does anyone know of another company/ brand that has good restoration parts that I can trust to fit and look right?

2. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    My experience when I when through this a few years ago is that none make replacement parts that are on par with factory parts. They all seem to be within a close price range because most get same part from same supplier. If you do find parts on the cheap, that's what you'll be getting - cheap made parts. If you current parts are in decent physical shape, can you dye/paint the older stuff?

Brett Gordon likes this.
  3. larrylarry

larrylarry Veteran Member

Dec 22, 2011
    San Antonio Tx
    That’s the reason I haven’t finished my interior yet. I don’t know of any other interior parts other than OER.

Brett Gordon likes this.
  4. Brett Gordon

Brett Gordon New Member

Dec 7, 2017
    Thank you . A lot of my stuff is chrome and I was wanting to replace with black, but I think I will just go a power coating option if it’s cheaper.

5. Brett Gordon

Brett Gordon New Member

Dec 7, 2017
    I know how you feel. I’ve been searching for a replacement part for a cracked part of my dash, but no one has. I guess my car is just gonna have a little more character now

6. larrylarry

larrylarry Veteran Member

Dec 22, 2011
    San Antonio Tx
    About 8 years ago I bought the dashboard from OER but I had choice the one that came with my 78 was really bad due to leaking t-tops. I was able to find some interior parts at the local pick n pull but not much.

7. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    Mix and Match. Everyone seems to have parts that are good while others are bad. Trim Parts makes some good stuff and so does Classic Headquarters.