Whewww its cold!!!

Discussion in 'The Carolinas (North & South)' started by Mwilson, Jan 3, 2018.

1. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    The funny part was I got the heat running in the summer after that. That thing would climb any hill in the snow. Two concrete blocks on either side in the trunk. It went side ways up the hills B/C of the Sure grip type Posi, Looked like double J's. It was a good car.

2. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Central Illinois
    -6° this morning
    Its been this way for over a week now

3. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    I was with my X wife (still married at this time) and we were in my winter beater, a 65 Corvair with 4 studded snow tires when she started one of her rants. "Why do you have 4 studded snow tires on this thing? That's just stupid! Listen to this noise!" We were on ice, so I showed her why. I slammed on the brakes and she smacked her head on the metal dashboard. I was smiling, and she was rubbing her head. It was a pretty quiet ride to her mother's after that.

4. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Last I knew there are four seasons. One of which is Winter. So this should come as no surprise. Winter gets cold. Some winters are colder than others.

5. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Rustburg, Va
    I remember bundling up to drive my old 64 VW bug to college. Tried not to breath towards the windshield and kept a ice scraper stuck in the OH-CRAP handle to clear the inside of the windshield every so often when it iced up on the inside too bad to see where I was going...LOL

6. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2017
    I had one when I worked as a service advisor at a VW dealer. I can identify with 'inside windshield' scraping.

7. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Rustburg, Va
    The little 64 bug had been converted to 12v and had a built 69 bug engine with headers...ie no heat exchangers. On a side note, it would whoop up on the 305 IROCs when they first came out in the mid-80's.

Mwilson likes this.