where would i go to buy a......

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by patgizz, Oct 10, 2005.

1. TDS-70 1/2

TDS-70 1/2 Veteran Member

Oct 20, 2000
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Ha, I had one of those. It was an '84, and the turbo version. black with 5spd. & leather interior. Was a fun little car. I was glad it had the retractable power moon roof, as the top of my head would touch the roof when sitting in the drivers seat.

Parts cost an arm and a leg, at least it seemed like it. I drove it in '88-'89, and then we traded it in on a Supra. We had to replace the battery, which cost us something like $400. Broke the motor mounts on a fairly violent launch once, and put the engine into the radiator. No damage to the engine, but had several holes in the radiator. I can't recall how much that set us back, but it was a lot.

I actually saw it on the road about 2 years after we got rid of it, and it was starting to look a little ragged. Wasn't a very east car to clean up, had all these grooves and crevases around the plastic body trim that held all sorts of dirt and such.

Dang, I'm feeling a little nostalgic now, ya got me thinking about it.

No idea if there's enough of them left to have much of a club following or not. Never did see many of them around. That was part of why I liked mine. . . .

------------------
    TomS.
    '70 Camaro - Lots of: Pieces missing, layers of paint, & best intentions. In pieces in the garage [​IMG]
    3.08 open rear, 350 2bbl, and 3 spd manual.

Need more time, $$ ....and more beer, (or friends that work cheaper) to get it back together again!

[This message has been edited by TDS-70 1/2 (edited October 10, 2005).]

2. ZS10

ZS10 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 18, 2003
    BC, Canada
    Some things went the way of the dinosaur for a reason.

------------------
    73RS/LT/427

3. cam80

cam80 Veteran Member

Jun 1, 2003
    savannah, GA USA

That's probably the best reason NOT to look for that car....and very well may be one of the reasons it is virtually extinct!

4. MikeM79

MikeM79 Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 5, 1999
    East Quogue, NY
    There is one advantage. You could hold a Fuego enthusiast club meeting in a telephone booth.

5. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    That's funny because when I was a kid, I remember my Dad wanted that little sheetbox for a daily driver. He got a Renault Alliance instead. Good luck in your search bud, but damn , with the modern times I wouldn't be caught dead in that. [​IMG]

6. onenastyz28

onenastyz28 Veteran Member

Aug 10, 2000
    wyoming.michigan.49509
    Hey pat a frind of mine's brother has two of them things one has turbo the second I'm not sure.They've been sitting in a storage unit for age's.Not sure if he'll come off of them but I can ask if your serious.There located in Michigan so it's not that far of a drive for ya unless you haved moved since I've met ya on here.

7. william

william Veteran Member

Jul 21, 2002
    Indiana,P.A. U.S.A.
    Originally posted by patgizz:

ours rusted out and got crushed with 27,000 miles on it.

Nuff said right there.
    Prolly happened to most of them.

------------------
    It's all just a case of mind over matter, I don't mind cause nothing else matters.

8. patgizz

patgizz Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 10, 1999
    Cleveland
    i won't be serious till spring

ours rusted out because of the road salt and the fact that when not in use(was the 3rd car) it sat on dirt.

eric, i got the camaro cause it was free, just that my aunt happened to have one that was the same color and wrecked in the same way mine was.

i'm just looking for something smaller and that gets good mileage as a beater - something i don't need to work on all the time. i'd like it to be different which is why i thought fuego, however i think i'll be fighting a losing battle trying to find one, and end up with another lumina or something.

[This message has been edited by patgizz (edited October 10, 2005).]

9. Mr_Metal

Mr_Metal Veteran Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Cleveland, OH