where would i go to buy a......

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by patgizz, Oct 10, 2005.

1. patgizz

patgizz Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 10, 1999
    Cleveland
    i've a bit of an odd request.

does anyone know where i would begin trying to find a renault fuego for sale?

the first car i ever drove was my parents' 1982 renault fuego, it had a 1.6L and 5 speed and was fun, looked cool, and had the best seats ever. i'd like to find a turbo version, i've seen a couple in my lifetime, but i'd not be picky if i found a n/a car, so long as it has a manual trans..

i've tried ebay, autotrader, and cars.com and can not find any for sale anywhere in the country.

any ideas, renault clubs, or any other tips? ours rusted out and got crushed with 27,000 miles on it.

2. Eric

Eric Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

You gotta stop buying cars based on childhood nostalgia. You got your 2nd Gen. because your aunt had one when you were a kid, right? Who owns that one now?

My point- look at how hard you've found it to just find a Fuego- what're you going to do for parts when things start to go bad? Besides that- is it really the car that you remember fondly- or what you did with/in the car?

3. Eric

Eric Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sorry- where might you go to find one? How about France? [​IMG]

4. rockheadrocks

rockheadrocks Veteran Member

I dunno about a Fuego, but I've been looking for an R5 Turbo II (otherwise known as the performance version of that horrible turd, LeCar). Had one for about 5 months in high school and LOVED IT!

------------------
    Will beg for parts, I'm not proud.

5. Mr_Metal

Mr_Metal Veteran Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Cleveland, OH
    New.Racy.Fuego.

The One To Watch !!

Disclaimer- Manufacturer is not responsible for injury due to inferior 4 lug wheel design. [​IMG]

6. Powerglide350

Powerglide350 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Moriches,NY
    Oh lord is that ugly......

I mean...good luck with your search!

7. hhott71

hhott71 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Joplin Mo. 64801
    what PG350 said [​IMG]