Where is the best place to get sheet metal.

Discussion in '1978 - 1981 Specific' started by 79LTCAMARO, Jan 30, 2017.

1. 79LTCAMARO

79LTCAMARO New Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Bismarck,ND
    I'm looking at purchasing new sheet metal for my 79 and was want to know where to get the best sheet metal from. Thank You!!

2. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    I do not know about the best , as all of the parts need some massaging , however the best price I have found is A2ZVehicleparts , James is a nice guy and will beat anyones price

3. Zig

Zig Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Huntington, Indiana
    Just got 2 fenders from Carid.com they are AMD and are pretty nice... Drop shipped for $418.00 including freight

4. Edem_Alive

Edem_Alive Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Montana
    I've got a whole '81 that I could cut panels out for you. ND isn't far for shipping either. The body is sitting in the garage with glass in it only.

5. NeoNeuro

NeoNeuro Veteran Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Panama City, FL
    Get factory panels if you can. A lot less headaches. Aftermarket sheet metal always requires massaging to fit. You would even be better off installing patch panels over full replacement with aftermarket parts. I'm not saying that it can't be done. Obviously that isn't true. Many people on here have done it. However, plan on time and patience to get the right fit with aftermarket parts.

6. RUUP4IT

RUUP4IT Member

Dec 15, 2002
    Nova Scotia
    my car is all factory.

7. 79LTCAMARO

79LTCAMARO New Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Bismarck,ND
    Thanks for the replies I will keep all this in mind!!

8. giggity

giggity Veteran Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Pearland, texas
    I will say this...Im trying to fix my OEM fenders, I cut out the bottom part of the fender and welded a patch panel on. Ive easily got 30 hours on just one fender. this is my first time to do this, and yes it is a learning journey, BUT I think some aftermarket fenders would be easier at this point than trying to fix the old ones. Will it look ok? Will the patch panels line up? I dont know....but i can tell you that its ganna suck if they dont line up, or there is an issue, because then I will have all that work in the old fenders and then ill have to put in work on the new fenders.

[​IMG]