Where is Groung Up? Lies and lack of responses!

Discussion in 'Ground Up' started by Protour-Camaro, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Protour-Camaro

Protour-Camaro Veteran Member

Feb 16, 2012
    California
    I have had a part on order since August. Not told it was on back order until I inquired about its whereabouts. On the phone told it would ship within a week and that was in October! Emailed their customer service twice and no response. How can you be a supporting vendor and not respond to any threads, pms, emails, and give bad info on the phone!

2. XxWickedz28xX

XxWickedz28xX Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 22, 2001
    Carmel, NY
    LoL @ last activity.....5-28-2014

Good luck

3. MadMike

MadMike Administrator Staff Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Dawsonville Georgia
    I'll get with ground up next week. The fellow who used to do this stuff for them left and went somewhere else. I don't know who, if anyone is his replacement, or if GU even knows what's going on here.

4. yoyo74

yoyo74 Veteran Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Wallkill NY
    I was actually getting ready to order from them. I will wait and see results first.

5. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I keep getting emails from them (discounts), didn't someone just have a problem with a gas tank with them?

6. scot1074

scot1074 Veteran Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Prospect Ct, USA
    I usually don't have a problem from them but with that said, they are right down the street from me and I just go there. Although now that I think of it, I did have to wait 2 weeks for a package tray due to back order and they never said a word to me about anything that was going on with it. I just showed up a said hey wheres my package tray. They replied with ' oh its been here for a few days '. I guess they don't know how a phone or email works..

7. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Buffalo,n.y.
    Yup it's annoying,somebody would of had to put forth some effort and who does that anymore,if it were 1000 bucks for tray they would of called,sorry to see parts stores losing out to mail order,but once again it's just easier,and most time cheaper.

8. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy Veteran Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Arkansas
    I never really cared for them, had some issues with a set of fender emblems being on back-order several years ago. Ended up doing something different. I haven't dealt with them since.

Most website have a backorder flag built in to their checkout so you know up front what to expect. cuts out all the BS.

It seems like they have issues with "back orders" a LOT. It makes me think they don't stock a lot of the common stuff they sell and that's the issue.

9. 80WA7113

80WA7113 Veteran Member

May 22, 2002
    Indianapolis, IN
    If you paid with a credit card, dispute the charge (most cards give you a 6 month window for disputes), get your money refunded, and buy from a reliable vendor. There are many good vendors out there for you to choose from that know what true customer service is, from initial contact to delivery. Why waste your valuable time and effort with a company that does business like Ground Up? :screwup:

10. Coadster32

Coadster32 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Milford,CT
    I ordered from there once without issue. They are close by to me and wondered if I could just go there for a counter sale or something. Guess I can.