Where does this heat shield mount?

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by Slyone, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Slyone

Slyone New Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Brewster, NY
    2861CB9E-8071-4117-9ECD-69F5C1979C13.jpeg Not sure where exactly to post this...
    I have this heat shield which is for the fuel line...i know it is supposed to mount to the front frame but I’m not sure where or in what position. Can anyone clarify for me? A picture would be great!

2. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 5, 2005
    Rockford, MN
    Would be helpful to know what year your car is... sorry I don't recognize it

3. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

I have never seen that in any GM cars,

4. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

My truck has one like that on the side of the trans to protect the harness from exhaust heat.

5. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

May 21, 2014
    Hutto, TX
  6. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    Good memory BillyDean, I have not seen that part either, on 70-71 or a 79 Z-28's and I have had mine in several pieces

7. Slyone

Slyone New Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Brewster, NY
    Thanks guys for the responses!
    My Camaro is a 70, this isnt from my car. Bought it from one of the Camaro/Firebird parts wholesalers on eBay in case i needed it. If memory serves me right I believe they listed it as allegedly coming off a later model 2nd gen car. Thankfully i bought it on the cheap! Guess I will hold onto it for a bit in case it can serve a purpose and then back on eBay it will go.
    If anyone else can shed light on it please let me know.

8. MotionClone

MotionClone Veteran Member

Jan 20, 2014
    away from the crazies
    Im pretty sure thats the shield for the rubber part of the fuel line right at the end of the subframe.

9. Slyone

Slyone New Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Brewster, NY
    That’s what I was told originally, but it looks to only fit one way and that is with the triangular portion near the rectangled end downward. That being said it doesn’t make much sense as the fuel line shouldn’t drop that low and it reduces ground clearance. Can’t find a picture anywhere online either.

10. 78TypeLTCamaro

78TypeLTCamaro Veteran Member Gold Member

Mar 2, 2001
    Waltham, MA. USA
    That is correct, on the passenger's side subframe, outboard.