wheel well removal front

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by typeLT73, Aug 30, 2015.

1. typeLT73

typeLT73 Member

May 13, 2013
    New Mexico
    The previous owner has cut the edge of the wheel well to fit bigger tires a guess? Any how I want to replace them. My camaro is a 73 will any 2nd Gen work? Also do I have to remove the fenders to replace the wheel well?

Thanks

2. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Later models have different support brackets (the brackets that attch the fender wells to the frame close to the fire wall. I believe it is around 1975 they changed. They are removable just by themselves albeit they have to be manhandled out of their installed position a little bit.

3. typeLT73

typeLT73 Member

May 13, 2013
    New Mexico
    Thanks for the response! Can they be re-drilled to fit?

4. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2003
    Skiatook, Okla. 74070
    Don't see why not...

5. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    Its much easier if you remove the fenders, but removing the tire and jacking the car up, it can be done.

6. typeLT73

typeLT73 Member

May 13, 2013
    New Mexico
    Thanks for the help. I am going to look at them this evening, hopefully they are in good shape. Do you think $80 buck for the pair is a good price?

7. sparkyboy

sparkyboy Veteran Member

Feb 4, 2015
    aurora, co
    It's not a bad price for factory pieces in good shape. Offer him $50 and see what he says. Them power wash em, hit them with some matte black, slap those puppies in and drive it like you stoled it!!!

8. typeLT73

typeLT73 Member

May 13, 2013
    New Mexico
    The wheel wells were all beat up and dented . Not worth it. Thanks for the advice. I did buy some seat belts for the rear to replace my exploding buckles. They are decent and paid $35 .