What's wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by MadMike, Dec 10, 2009.

1. MadMike

MadMike Administrator Staff Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Dawsonville Georgia
    Here it is... December & it's cold. Now for some reason I'm motivated to go out into my freezing garage and work on my 74Z. I want to paint some stuff, but I'm an idiot cause now it's too cold. I'm also going to finish screwing the engine accessories on or fixing minor (or major) screwups - so I can fire this thing up (and see if it even works)

I just got notified that the engine for my 73Z is done. Maybe that's what jingled my bell. I have to get my fuel & ignition goodies together so we can test fire that thing up. It's almost the same as my 80Z, so I know what'll work and what'll be screwed up. I reclocked my fuel pump so it'll fit into the car, etc...

I'm contemplating going to the auto parts store to pizz away $100 or so bux on spark plugs, hoses, filters & fluids, etc... not just for the 73... but the 74 as well.

I got some bolt holes on my harmonic balancer (and the crank snout) on the 74Z that are bolluxed up and are kinda holding me up slightly. I'm going to enlist my pop to come over with his tap&die set to fix them. Dad can be my bitch. I was a bitch rewiring his corvette (when it wasn't cold out)... so... but I owe him big-time.

That'd be something, turning on 3 uncorked camaros all at once. :bowtie:

2. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Aug 1, 1999
    ohio
    When it's 80 degrees out and the sun is shining, lots of better things to do seems like to me. Now with the weather being crap, sitting on the couch watching Regis or Cathy Lee really gets old fast. Get some heat in that garage, good stereo, have at it. One nice thing about these old second gens, always something that needs to be done.

3. ram air dad

ram air dad Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Danville,Indiana USA
    the itch

Mike,
    We always want what is not readily available to us! Take heart, It'll be warm sooner where your at than where I'm at. (lovely Indiana winter) Sounds like your making progress.

4. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I was just going to goof on you about "cold" in Dawsonville, Georgia, but your weather today is high of 44* low of 25*! I thought you left the NE! :)

5. ZS10

ZS10 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 18, 2003
    BC, Canada
    I'm werking on a mustang and my inside is as warm as your outside...

6. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    Get yourself a small electric heater and plug it in. You shouldn't need much heat if it is 40 degrees outside. I work the best in my garage if I can keep it in the 40s. Once it reaches 80 in the summer, I'm good only for drinking beer by the air conditioner. At 40 degrees, I have the energy to get things done.

7. trent79z

trent79z Veteran Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Pearl Harbor, HI
    over my christmas break last year i pulled the motor/tranny in my car. it was 6 degrees outside. and i was laying in snow when i was under the car. (show doors werent on quite yet)

but ya gotta do what ya gotta do ;)

8. MadMike

MadMike Administrator Staff Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Dawsonville Georgia
    My pops is the driving factor on how this garage is configured. He's really a pansy when it comes to the cold, so in a month he'll be splitting to hawaii. So he could care less if the garage has heat. Actually - he does care... but I went and filled the garage up with all sorts of cars & stuff hanging on the walls, cielings, etc... before it was insulated and sheetrocked. So... whoops my bad.

it's 30x50. My wife was kind enough to buy him a propane heater last year for xmas.... a little camping type job. probably 7 to 20 BTU's. It could heat the trunk of my car up (if the trunk lid was closed).

So, I am kinda a dummy. As bonzo tried to point out... normally it's not REALLY REALLY cold, so it's tolerable to work in there. But it's cold out.

I am connecting my sterio up though. I'll have tunes while I'm freezing my tookus off.

9. WMCC Doug

WMCC Doug Veteran Member

Oct 16, 2002
    Wyoming, MI
    :rolleyes: It's a little hard to feel sorry for you Mike! LOL

Today in west Michigan we are under a Blizzard Warning and all the schools are closed for the second day in a row. It's about 14 degrees, we have 8 inches of snow on the ground and the wind is blowing at 24mph, making the snow blow sideways. And we're used to winter weather ..........

now MY GARAGE is freezing !!!!! :D

10. ZZTOP

ZZTOP Veteran Member

Apr 14, 2007
    ky

what he said it's gonna be a loooong winter here in louisville ky as well