What would you do?

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by KMcHale, Jan 13, 2018.

1. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    I'd build a garage. lol. Every Saturday evening we walk past a V coupe in the parking lot on our way into church. Charcoal, black windows, nice wheels. Drop dead gorgeous. Always spotless. One week a couple were getting out as we walked past. I asked the driver how he liked it. He got this big cheezy grin on his face and said "I love it! It's the fastest and nicest thing I've ever driven in my life! Best of both worlds." I can't walk past it without staring and looking back at it after I pass it. What would I do? Take a wild guess!

2. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Central Illinois
    Do what makes you happy, there really isn't any other answer :D

3. KMcHale

KMcHale Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Nashville
    Gentlemen,

Thank you all for you honest and candid responses. Wanted to answer a few of the questions posted.
    I do not want a new Cadillac because I do not like the looks of the new ATS V models and now they are 464HP V6 twin turbos I am looking for an Opulent Blue 2nd gen CTS-V. I have been looking for months and these come up for sale very rarely in this color. Took me a couple of months to find the CTS Premium that I currently own. Bought it in August of 2015 with 40K on it. I would love to find one of these with a 6 speed manual but I have never been able to find one in that color so I have pretty much given up on that. Can you say "unobtainium".
    Here is what I am looking at:

http://www.moritzkia.com/vehicle-details/2013-cadillac-cts-v-coupe--fort-worth-tx-id-21773937

I guess I pretty much have my mind made up but I am having a hard time of letting go of the Z. I guess I will wait until spring and put it up for sale.

4. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Very nice Car! Love that color blue. Definitely needs some paint correction and a really good detailing. Beat them down on the price and then put the money into bringing it back to near perfect.

And yes, "sell" the camaro in the spring ;0)

5. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    I would also point out the small split on the side of the bottom of the driver's seat. That will probably grow, and will be expensive to fix right. I wouldn't want some dealership "Dr. Dashboard" blob some crap in there. Might also be a bargaining chip.