What is this? Need a quick answer.

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by tskills10, Feb 27, 2018.

  1. tskills10

    tskills10 Veteran Member

    Dec 1, 2007
    painesville, OH
    Have a 70 RS with front disc. I'm installing a line lock. And looking at the brakes I'm not sure what these 2 blocks are. The front line comes from the M/C into this cast block, which has a rubber button on the back, and from this block into the proportioning valve.
    The brass block has a line from the p-valve to the block then back into the p-valve. Not sure what these are.
    As for the line lock, should I go between the m/C and the block or between block and p-valve?? Need a quick answer, trying to finish this today.
    Thanks for the imput

    Attached Files:

  2. Twisted_Metal

    Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

    Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
    You have a Metering valve (circled) and a Proportioning valve.
    Later systems used a Combination valve.

    Sorry... I don't know the best place to put the line lock in this system.
  3. badazz81z28

    badazz81z28 Veteran Member

    May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    Get rid of both and get an adjustable prop valve. Then install a line lock
    budro6968 likes this.
  4. ronzz572

    ronzz572 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

    Feb 8, 2007
    imperial pa
    The larger bowl of the master cylinder feeds the front brakes. Use the line out of the master cylinder for the line lock solenoid.
    budro6968 likes this.
  5. budro6968

    budro6968 Veteran Member

    Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    Have not seen that do hickey.

Share This Page