What did you pay?

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by P. Beyer, Jul 13, 2005.

1. P. Beyer

P. Beyer Member

Jul 9, 2005
    KY
    Not being intrusive, and fully undestanding that the initial price has ZERO to due with the car to each person.

Years back, when I was young I had a 76 Camaro that I loved, a good bumper car. Built the motor in the house at the age of 16, Fast forward about 15 years, that car and motor is long gone, but I'd made me a Hot Rod. The obbsession never dies though!

Well, I've taken the plunge, and bought one almost identical to that car.

To me, when I look at the aged pics of me as a kid working on that car, it's all worth it.......

Anyway, Great interior, all needing replaced is the armrest on both sides and console lid. The driver seat is rough, the rest fixable. New weatherstripping all around wouldn't hurt.

Exterior: Well, Both Lower Quarters need fixed, one rocker panel, the driver side rear floor pan, and the peice below the fenders (Can't remember the name is missing) Been awhile since I've messed w/ these ol' cars.

Motor: Don't run, planning on rebuild anyway...... Need a radiator, upper fan shroud and I'm sure a few more peices. I'm Gonna build a driveable, good hittin', weekend tire melter. Thats all. Nothing more. I'm not looking for a show car, Just a Hot ride like before when I was 16!!!!!!!

I paid $800....................

Good Deal?

2. Scatter

Scatter Veteran Member

Jun 26, 2003
    Millbrook, Al
    I paid $300 for my 77 that sat for a looooong time. Straight body, no glass what so ever, engine was toast and interior dirty as all get out, but salvagable. Heck, I even got a free rats nest in the deal!!!

I'd say yes, you got a good deal. Enjoy!

3. P. Beyer

P. Beyer Member

Jul 9, 2005
    KY
    If Yall can direct me to few hosting sites I'll get a few pics up...........

4. 73454

73454 Guest

Post them on upload.79camaro.com in the Misc Pics section. It is free, and a member runs it.

5. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
    I bought my 80 Berlinetta in 92 for $750. The V6 was knocking, the pinstripes had been painted over with a spray bomb and the interior needed work. But no rust!

My 78 donated it's engine, tranny, wheels, stereo and a few body parts. I got it on the road with new paint, tinted windows, blacked-out trim, a new fender, carpet, headliner and recovered seats for under $4000. [​IMG]

I've only put about $2500 into it in the past 10 years.

Good Luck with your project, I hope your dreams come true!

6. Got my 80 for $500. 305 Garbage. interior was in the trunk. Leaks like a dam. And needs body work but glass is all there [​IMG]

7. Fonty493

Fonty493 New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Bailey, CO, USA
    I traded a $750 pistol to an Army buddy for his 69 Nova, I traded the Nova a year later for my 1972 Camaro RS which I used as a daily driver for over a year until she finally gave up last month. So I guess I scored a 72 RS for 750 bucks. Anybody got a good 350 short block?

[This message has been edited by Fonty493 (edited July 14, 2005).]

8. 0le FUZZY

0le FUZZY New Member

Jul 9, 2005
    California
    P.Beyer---

I wished you lived near me here in Northern California because I have all the parts you mentioned and would turn them loose to a fellow 1974 to 1977 Camaro lover (not many of us around) like I am cheeeep!!

Oh! I paid $900 in 1978 for this one:
    [​IMG]

which I turned into this one:

[​IMG]

I have had and paid for many Camaros ranging from new in 74 ($3,2000) to a 76 in trade for a C.B. mic ($100 value)in 96.

0le FUZZY

[This message has been edited by 0le FUZZY (edited July 14, 2005).]

9. RS_SS350

RS_SS350 Veteran Member

$1200 for an 81Z in 2000
    $1800 for an 81Z in 2002
    $3500 for a 71 SS 350 in 2002, upon which i have spent well over $10,000 restoring, and i aint done yet [​IMG]

10. P. Beyer

P. Beyer Member

Jul 9, 2005
    KY
    Wish I was closer, I'd take ya up on em' parts!!!!!!