What Carb to run on my full roller 355?

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by ddc456, Dec 6, 2011.

1. dubs74camaro

dubs74camaro Veteran Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Big Block, OR
    I'll tell you one thing....I wish I could pick up an abandoned Holley like I can a Q-jet. When It comes to a core carb for someone to go through, they can be had for almost nothing. A roached 750 DP will still bring $150 on eBay plus the shipping.

Thanks for the good information Cardinal!

2. Madmike72

Madmike72 Veteran Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Walpole Massachusetts
    Another vote for the Holley 670 street avenger. KIller carb,not that expensive,and will start and run decent right out of the box. Follow the easy to understand set up instructions(if you even need to) and go have fun. sounds like a nice street combo you have there. Is it a comp cam 280? If so its an old grid but one of my favorites. Its gonna be fun with the TKO.

3. DesmoEd

DesmoEd Veteran Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Frisco, TX

Very true but I figure if you are running a stick and good gearing then you can easily put the motor where it wants to be rpm wise - with that said a good mechanical carb will give the kind of instant throttle response not available in a vacuum carb.

In addition to cars I have run mechanical carbs on every performance bike I have ever owned - from big bore inline-4 Suzuki's to L-twin Ducatis. Absolutely no comparison vs running vacuum signal carbs - but again all throttle operators are not created equal:cool: