What are you guys using for seats??

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by branbell, Apr 16, 2017.

1. branbell

branbell Veteran Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    I've seen some of you guys swap in the new Camaro seats, and the Nissan 300zx seats and I want to know what you guys think are the most comfortable, supportive and affordable??

I really like the look of the Nissan seats and the new Camaro seats just kind of look bulky and out of place... I want something with nice support in the corners but is comfortable enough on a long haul.

I'd love to hear what everyone thinks and the other options you may be considering.

Blown Camaro likes this.
  2. csjrishere

csjrishere Veteran Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I used Nissan 370z seats.

3. branbell

branbell Veteran Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Nice. Any pics of them installed??

How was the install?

4. CaliCamaro75

CaliCamaro75 Veteran Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Winchester,CA
    I just picked up a set of pretty nice Nissan 300zx seats for $90. They look and feel pretty comfortable to me. In progress of install though. Will have them posted in my build as I progress.

branbell likes this.
  5. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

Oct 11, 2015
    North Bay, CA
    If you use Nissan seats, a drivers power seat will not fit. The motor for the forward / back movement sits to low and will not allow the seat to bolt in. If you modify the floor pan it will work. Guess how I know. Lol

branbell likes this.
  6. branbell

branbell Veteran Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Any pics of your install?? I'm interested!

7. larrylarry

larrylarry Veteran Member

Dec 22, 2011
    San Antonio Tx
    Nissan Altama seats in my 78. It wasn't easy to make them fit in mainly because I cut the sliders off the old Camaro seats & welded them on to the Altama seats. Lots of cutting & trimming & welding but they do look good & are comfortable.

8. branbell

branbell Veteran Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    I was just looking at prices for the 300zx seats on Ebay...and boy, have they gone up. I may see if a local yard has any for cheaper.

9. CaliCamaro75

CaliCamaro75 Veteran Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Winchester,CA
    You maybe better off with you local craigslist or junkyard. Yea ebay is asking $500 a set for just some ok seats. Mine were up for $125 but they dropped to $90 since I was a little ways away. But little did they know I was already in the area. LoL Will hopefully have some progress on my seats today. I have the seats taking apart and did some measurements for the plates.

Here's a link to what put me onto the 300zx seats. I was originally trying for some BMW 328i seats. But track width was to much at 18" vs 12"

grzewnicki
    http://nastyz28.com/threads/gordons-1972-z28.201760/page-31

branbell likes this.
  10. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

Aug 1, 2012
    oak lawn, illinois
    I will be using Procar Rally seats, the nice thing is they offer rear seat covers to match the fronts.