What are the diffrences in a TH350 and a TH350C transmission?

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by kik_start, Feb 3, 2007.

1. kik_start

kik_start BANNED

Sep 3, 2006
    gone crazy
    What are the diffrences in a TH350 and a TH350C transmission? I have been told there is an electrical conection on the driver side but the one I have does not. It does have what looks to be a pressure switch on the passenger side. Can someone tell me what this is?
    Can a TH350C trans be used for performance. Or just rebuild stock.
    Is there a demand for them if I spend the money to rebuild to sell on Ebay or should I not waste my time?

2. gregh

gregh Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

The C means that it is a lock up convertor model, it should have a 4 prong connector on the drivers side.

I personally wouldn't bother with it, a performance convertor for the C trannys are quite expensive & most people would jump to a 4spd auto before they would try to get better mileage by going to a C.

3. kik_start

kik_start BANNED

Sep 3, 2006
    gone crazy
    That's what is confusing me, there is no electrical connection just the sending unit or pressure switch???

4. gregh

5. kik_start

kik_start BANNED

Sep 3, 2006
    gone crazy
    Does that one have the other part I'm talking about on the passenger side?
    Thanks for the picture and your help.

6. 1979CamaroTX

1979CamaroTX Veteran Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Groesbeck, TX
    I think the pressure switch you are asking about is the vacuum modulator. It helps control your shift points and should be hooked to a vaccum line from your carb.

7. kik_start

kik_start BANNED

Sep 3, 2006
    gone crazy
    This is right beside the cooling lines, the vacuum modulator is in the rear of the transmission.

8. gregh

I have no idea what that is, maybe an aftermarket pressure or fluid temp switch?

I'm not a tranny guy but I'm sure someone will know.