Well, That's It

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Burd, Nov 15, 2017.

1. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Central Illinois
    I like your lawn sign, reminded me of this :D
    [​IMG]

2. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Rockledge, Florida
    Too bad you can't get Laine to move as well!

3. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Ocala, Florida
    Geez I'm exhausted just reading this. God I love Florida.

sal70ss likes this.
  4. LADDTWZ

LADDTWZ Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Schoolcraft, Michigan
    Lmao - EXACTLY what I am doing right now. If it wasn't for the deer hunting, November would be a waste.

5. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

Nov 3, 2015
    PA
    i will admit i have some of these same chores to do, since my one homes is in the woods. But i dont hate it as much as you do. I blew the leaves twice, and probably needs done again, but i got smart the second time and put the plow on my atv, blew the leaves to the back yard, then pushed them deep into the woods with the atv. worked like a charm. i have to clean the gutters 3-4 times. i have that down to 20 minutes each time. My leaf blower sucks, so i just borrowed one. no winterization there. I just move my golf cart to the back of the shed. i dont winterize my ATV's since i use them in the winter just as much. The wood picnic table doesnt mind that i let it set out all year long. I used to burn wood, and although cutting and splitting wood is a great workout, i hate it. i quit doing that. I have a propane heater and i can poop in the woods if the power goes out. i dont have an RV, and i dont do windows. ;)
    I really enjoy winter, i ski alot, so the whole leaf thing and getting ready for winter is just part of how winter happens for me.

Zstar likes this.
  6. harbone66

Feb 15, 2011
    Central Illinois
    I still like winter, just the prep time is starting to get old after all these years. I like a good snow then jump on ATV and go ripping across the fields. The cleanup at my house is probably the most work, I have at ton of trees on my property and if I dont keep up on them it just kills all the grass.
    Here is a shot looking from the back deck right as the leaves start falling
    20151024_082612_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Now here is a similiar shot with all the snow and yes it is a beautiful sight
    2013-12-14_14-42-04_40.jpg

As far as wood piles go, this is my current split and sorted section, there are at least 10 more cords of unsplit behind these piles
    20150620_154741.jpg

As much as I bitch about it sometimes, it is good exercise and after working all day on all this crap I sleep like a baby come that night!

Zstar and Dave Nelson like this.
  7. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Central Illinois
    I'm right there with you. I am on final planning to move from central Il. to Eastern Tn. next summer. Hope it happens.
    I keep my car a garage door away from driving it year round. As long as the roads are bone dry in the winter, I will drive it.

8. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

Nov 3, 2015
    PA
    I like your place. My property is similar, tree-wise. I have no shortage of leaves, as do you.

9. LADDTWZ

LADDTWZ Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Schoolcraft, Michigan
    Harbone how many cord do you burn a year? I do about 7.

10. harbone66

Feb 15, 2011
    Central Illinois
    Last two winters have been pretty mild so only about 5 cords each year
    I have a Country Flame fireplace on the main floor that has built in blowers that forces hot air back through my existing furnace vents and heats the whole house
    I don't leave it burning 24/7 but usually all weekend and a few nights a week when its really cold. I have cut my propane bill almost down to nothing by running the fireplace more and more every year.

Zstar likes this.