Welder in the Brewster, NY (Putnam County) area that can help me out?

Discussion in 'New York Regional' started by Slyone, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Slyone

Slyone New Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Brewster, NY
    Am in the process of putting new floors in my '70 RS, I have the back half of the main floor in (have to install the toe boards still) and the trunk floor is in place but I can not weld. Was wondering if anyone lives in the area and wouldn't mind helping me out? I don't have a welder either. I am willing to pay as nothing in life is free. Please contact me if you can help, thanks!!

2. KJZ28

KJZ28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Brewsterico, New Fail
    Hello, I am in Brewster is well. I will ask some people I know. I have a welder but my brother and I who use it are mere hobbyists.

3. Slyone

Slyone New Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Brewster, NY
    Thank you! I was able to borrow one from a guy I know and under his supervision I welded everything in. Now onto seam sealing, painting & undercoating.

4. KJZ28

Sep 26, 2004
    Brewsterico, New Fail
    Glad you got that taken care of. Do you have a "project progress" thread?

5. Slyone

Slyone New Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Brewster, NY
    No, I haven't kept up with my original post for updates. It's been a slow progression. Since my purchasing the car in January of 2016 I have gutted it completely, stripped it down to the bare metal exposing any pre existing damage and put it back in primer. Thankfully it only needs a right rear qtr skin, both lower drop offs, the bottom portion of the tail light panel and just a patch panel on the lower left qtr. Not to mention all the front sheet metal as it came with none. Lol I have put in a new center floor in the trunk and a full floor pan and tow boards in the main cabin.
    I have attained a 12 bolt posi with 3.55 gears and c-clip eliminator which I took down to the bare metal and painted. I now have a Moser diff cover on it and have installed a Wilwood disc brake kit on it with the 12" rotors and 4 piston calipers. I am hoping to have it back under the car by this weekend.
    Other than that I have been gathering parts. Got a new full suspension & a full Wilwood set of brake components. Almost have everything for the interior. Have an M20 tranny for her and a 454 block which will be built from the ground up.

Let's set something up and you can swing by and check it out in person. Always good knowing a local fellow board member.

6. KJZ28

Sep 26, 2004
    Brewsterico, New Fail
    That sound like an awesome project. Love that you went with the BBC! I would love to check it out, my schedule is usually fairly flexible, so PM when you have free time and we can exchange contact information. Talk to you soon!