Weiand 177 on 350 with stock mounts

Discussion in '1978 - 1981 Specific' started by rbartja, Dec 10, 2017.

1. rbartja

rbartja New Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Ontario
    Has anyone ran a Weiand 177 blower on a 350? If you have, how high did it end up being and if you ran a cowl hood over it instead of cutting a hole, how big of cowl hood did you use?

I want to put a blower on mine and I think I'm ok with cutting the hood but I also really like how it looks right now. I am pretty sure a 142 would fit with a small drop filter however I want to make more than 3-4 pounds of boost.

I know I can just get a different hood for the blower and when I want to have the blower I can just put the blower hood on and then switch back when I want the look of the car how it is now back. But let's be honest, once the blower is on it'll be on for good!

So I'm on the fence for what to do and I'm looking for opinions. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

I have a 1979 Z-28 RS Camaro Pro Touring Car with a Supercharged 377 small block ,4 speed. with all the "toys". It make 15 LBS plus pounds of boost .500 HP plus. It has a new set of factory mounts It has a Weiand 142 mini blower on it I run a GlasTek 6" cowl hood on it .with a modified 830 CFM Holley carb a 3"K&N filter .a Spectre flat air filter billet top. and it clears the hood by 1/2 an inch. A Weiand 177 mini blower is just a little higher, it depends on what carb or fuel injection you use. There is one member who runs one. he had to cut his hood.You could look through the Gallery or online for cars with your set up.Good luck to you. 130044932860518017_26257430996_o (1).jpg

3. rbartja

rbartja New Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Ontario
    Thanks for the quick reply. Does the 142 actually make 14 pounds efficiently? I didn't think it would unless you spun it ridiculously fast and end up super heating your air. Do you have an intercooler on it too?

4. rbartja

rbartja New Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Ontario
    Thanks for the quick reply. Does the 142 actually make 14 pounds efficiently? I didn't think it would unless you spun it ridiculously fast and end up super heating your air. Do you have an intercooler on it too?

5. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

No i have a cold air box,to make the scoop functional instead.

6. rbartja

rbartja New Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Ontario
    Do you think a 177 would be significantly enough better for your application or with your set up would it be a waste of money?