Weatherstripping

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by divemistress, Jun 19, 2014.

1. divemistress

divemistress Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 21, 2014
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Okay folks, we have been taking out the old weather stripping and trying to clean up the grooves to install the new. Any advice to get that old adhesive and rubber stuff out? I have been trying to use a gasket scrapper but it's taking forever..

Thanks!

2. krabben1

krabben1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 16, 2007
    ( . Y . )Delco
  3. Burbo

Burbo Veteran Member

Oct 6, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Depending on were you are in your project (nice paint dont) Use a heat gun, blow dryer wire wheel

4. divemistress

May 21, 2014
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Burbo, heat gun and wire wheel will work! We are not even close to nice paint as of yet. But we do have most of the parts we need thanks to awesome folks on this site!

5. ziggy

ziggy Veteran Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Ghent, WV
    Where's the best place to get all new weather stripping, first post just got new 76 Camaro and working hard to get on road? any replies would be great, thanks.

6. divemistress

May 21, 2014
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Ziggy, There are many sites out there to get the weatherstripping. I honestly look at camaro central, Fbody Warehouse etc.. I look at forums people have posted here about problems they have had at different places IE dried out rubber.. and I try to get what I want for the best price good quality. I am pretty sure I got my weather stripping at Camaro central. There have been so many purchases I have made since April when we got our 78 it's hard to remember them all. Good thing is there are so many on here that are willing to help you along the way..

7. Burbo

Burbo Veteran Member

Oct 6, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Ive use soft seal for doors work out well, got unknown set for the cowl and hood not good the pins weren't even in the rubber

8. divemistress

May 21, 2014
    Oak Harbor, WA
    My weatherstripping projects have been put on hold. It's warm outside and we have been working on outdoor projects. Might get back to it next weekend :)

9. Protour-Camaro

Protour-Camaro Veteran Member

Feb 16, 2012
    California
    Metro from Tamraz on Ebay is good and a good price

10. GanGanz81

GanGanz81 Veteran Member

Jul 14, 2001
    Jacksonville,Florida
    I got mine from D&R back in 2002 actually put in the trunk weatherstrip today was still in great shape Classic and FBody warehouse good sources too