Wanted: 1981 Bright Blue Z28 with D5A 350 4 Speed

Discussion in 'Camaros Wanted' started by carnut4life, Feb 16, 2018.

1. carnut4life

carnut4life Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Beacon, IA
    Probably a long shot but I'm looking to buy a documented, nice original or restored 350 4 speed 1981 Z28 in code 20 Bright Blue with code 15 silver interior. I'd prefer a non-AC car with N90 wheels if possible but beggars can't be choosers I guess so let me know what's out there. If someone can lead me to the right car I'd be willing to pay a finders fee if I were able to purchase the car. I believe 3025 of these were made for Canadian sale only due to emissions requirements in the US but I'm having trouble finding as much information about them as I would like so if there is a expert or a registry out there on them feel free to contact me as well.

Thank you, Chad

2. GTF

GTF New Member

Feb 25, 2018
    I have a 1980 Bright blue with the black cloth optional custom interior.

Car has every option except T-tops. original 11,500 miles. Car is all original. Still has copper clips on
    rare drums when car went down assembly line. The car is automatic. Zero rust, was Zieberted when new.
    I am second owner. Owned it since 1993.

3. carnut4life

carnut4life Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Beacon, IA
    Hi GTF, Thanks for the reply. That sounds like one heck of a car you've got there, you should have no trouble selling it if you want to. I have a bright blue automatic 81 Z28 with blue vinyl interior that's been in the family since 1983 so I've got the automatic covered. I'm specifically looking for one of the 3025 350 4 speed 81 Z28's shipped to Canada without the CCC emissions controls. Preferably in bright blue with silver interior unless I stumble upon a nice survivor in a different color I can live with first. Best of luck with your Z28 GTF, sounds like an amazing car.

4. carnut4life

carnut4life Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Beacon, IA
    Does anyone on this site know member dougred's name from Vancouver Canada? He had a blue/silver 4 speed Z28 and posted info on it here several years ago but hasn't been active since 2011. I like to reach out to him and see if his car is for sale or if I can track it down but can't find any info about a Doug Red online. Thanks, Chad

5. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    Ask Sonny restore-z28 he may know.

6. carnut4life

carnut4life Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Beacon, IA
    Ok, thanks Mark. Sonny is looking into it for me.

7. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    Good

8. restore-z28

restore-z28 Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Vancouver, BC
    Chad it was nice connecting with you yesterday, glad I was able to track down the name you needed. Best of luck and keep us posted on how you make out in your hunt.

9. carnut4life

carnut4life Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Beacon, IA
    Hi Sonny, was nice meeting up with you too, especially since you are friends with my good buddy Bill. I really appreciate you, Pat and Mark helping me attempt to track the car down so thank you all. Like I told you yesterday, it's pretty amazing what us car guys will do for the right car. I will definitely keep you posted but my hopes aren't too high yet. I figure that even if I can track the car down there's a good chance it won't be for sale. But ya never know if you don't try right? If I can ever return the favor down here you can call or email me anytime. Thanks again, Chad