Vinyl care stuff that doesn't stink?

Discussion in 'Detailing Topic' started by Todd80Z28, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Northern VA
    Anyone know of any vinyl care products that don't smell awful? My Lexol vinyl ex is rank, this other stuff I got from the dealer smells like wet socks, don't care for armor-all. I had some 303 years ago, should I go back to that?

2. Rene Melten

Rene Melten Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Blind Bay, B.C.
    Meguiare's Quick Interior Detailer smells alright to me. I don't like Armour-All
    either.

3. Z-WIZZ

Z-WIZZ Veteran Member

Mar 18, 2004
    FLA
    what is best for safely removing sticky dash crud

4. green 1977

green 1977 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 18, 2003
    On Wisconsin!
    Todd.... I suppose you are looking fr a bacon scented product :crazy: :) :)

5. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Veteran Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Denville NJ

Not much other then painting over it. The sticky on a dashpad is actually the solvents leeching out of the material. It happens as the material gets old. I have tried making it go away with every solvent under the sun,and every detailing product,and within an hour it is sticky again. I have cleaned,scraped and scrubbed dashpads until the vinyl grain is completly gone and still the material is sticky. The same goes for steering wheels and the armrest pads on our cars. Some guys would use dye to cover it,but I have found that just about any paint works fine since it isnt a high wear area.

6. DAWG

DAWG Veteran Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Colebrook, Connecticut
    Try using lemon Plege
    been using for years!

7. I use Mother's VLR (vinyl, leather & rubber). Smells good to me, like a new car.

8. 1981gMachine

1981gMachine Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Airville, PA
    If you are looking for something for a good initial clean. Mix dish soap and water in a spray bottle and clean with that. Whenever I get a new to me car, all of the interior gets this. Really cleans everything up nicely. I then use Meguiar's Gold Class Leather & Vinyl cleaner with a microfiber to wipe everything down. I'm 100% against anything that shines vinyl. Too me, when you look at a brand new car. That is the end result you should look for. So the plastic and vinyl has no more then 35% gloss to it.

9. Carinsulation.com

Carinsulation.com Veteran Member NazstyZ28 Sponsor Gold Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Coplay PA
    Chemical Guys Silk Shine smells awesome and works really good. You can safely use it on your tires, leather, and vinyl/plastic trim etc. They have sales right now for the holiday too.

10. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Ocala, Florida
    NU-VINYL was very popular at one time, now you can hardly find it. I swear by it. A few places carry it online and Ace Hardware used to carry it. Low shine, and lasts a good while. I think it smells good.