Vincent's 72. "EL Maro"

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by broahnazki, Oct 16, 2016.

1. broahnazki

broahnazki Veteran Member

Jan 19, 2014
    los angeles
    Well guys I've been on leave these past few days, I came home and took advantage of heading to NPD and picking up some sheet metal for the car since I'm replacing the trunk floor and the driver side floor. I also came across a sweet deal on craigslist! I picked up an entire fiberglass front clip for 300!! IM talking about a 2 inch cowl hood, fenders, inner fenders, header panel, lower valance, front end mounting brackets, and a grille in awsome condition, the guy even threw a few other parts. Do you guys think it's worth it? Having a fiberglass front end? IMG_1579.JPG IMG_1578.JPG IMG_1576.JPG IMG_1575.JPG

Twisted72 likes this.
  2. CasperCasper

CasperCasper Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Good progress she's looking beautiful

broahnazki likes this.
  3. broahnazki

Jan 19, 2014
    los angeles
    Hey guys so just a quick update, I was going through so many pics, I realize I dont post on here as often anymore I have so many pictures but haven't gotten around to actually posting every time I work on the car, so here's a few shots of how I left the car before going on leave
    IMG_1561.JPG

IMG_1562.JPG

IMG_1563.JPG

and here is how the car is now after a long non stop weekend spraying and sanding
    IMG_1622.JPG

IMG_1626.JPG

IMG_1638.JPG

4. hoppin5478

hoppin5478 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    Looking really good and nice score on the front clip.

5. Busy Bee

Busy Bee New Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Thank you for your service. I'm a retired Navy Seabee. Left in 2015 after 25 years. Just after retirement, I got some news. Anyhow, I too am building my dream car, a 72 sport coupe. Very special year for that car. Only built in Norwood Ohio, and only built for 6 months. I'd love to chat back with you and maybe share some ideas. I'm setting this one up for racing then it will be donated after the big race planned for 2019. Take care
    David.

broahnazki likes this.
  6. Twisted72

Twisted72 Veteran Member

Nov 8, 2015
    New Albany, Indiana
    good score and damn good job on the car

broahnazki likes this.
  7. broahnazki

Jan 19, 2014
    los angeles
    Pm sent

8. broahnazki

Jan 19, 2014
    los angeles
    Thanks man

9. broahnazki

Jan 19, 2014
    los angeles
    Well guys I primed the body and this is where I got to the front. Ive been hitting it really hard these past few weeks to make up time I've spent in the field. Boy does it suck, to just be away for a bit however, it motivated me to got so much done. Here's everything in primer after a bit of work. I had done most of the work before I brought the car up here.
    IMG_1730.JPG

And yes I redid the work on the door. Lost of pulling dents and heat shrinking metal. It was worth it

IMG_1759.JPG

10. broahnazki

Jan 19, 2014
    los angeles
    And yes fast fwd to 2 weeks later, after having done some body work and prepped everything I decided to hit the inner jambs on the car to start putting it back together.

IMG_1774.JPG

IMG_1795.JPG

IMG_1800.JPG

Well the body body was being extra when I wanted to put it together. Had so much trouble with the door gaps, and the color is pearl orange.
    IMG_1807.JPG

Twisted72 and Busy Bee like this.