very easy way to clean/detail your motor

Discussion in 'Detailing Topic' started by muscl car, Jun 13, 2011.

1. mgoad1971

mgoad1971 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Deionized water. once it air dries it will be spot free. This is especially good on chrome.

I used to wash my entire vehicle with D.I. Water (I worked at a chemical plant) and never touched a towel to it.

2. cgibsong002

cgibsong002 Veteran Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Houston, TX
    that's interesting.. is it really completely spot free? Might be a good idea to have one spray bottle of the mixture, and another bottle with de-ionized water if it really works that well.

3. mgoad1971

mgoad1971 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Use D.I. Water to rinse After you rinse.

Wash whatever degreaser/cleaner with tap water (or pressure hose) and then us D.I. Water to wash the tap water off.

It's the same concept as the 25 Cent car wash places. The "Spot-free rinse" that comes out very slowly is R.O. Water (Reverse Osmosis) which is very similar to D.I. Water in that alot of the calcium and things that cause "spots" are removed through filtering.
    It's just that D.I. Water is the best with distilled coming in second.

The 5 gallons 25 cent water machines will sometimes have distilled. Use it in your radiator, for rinsing, windshield wiper etc. etc. etc.

4. rydeer

rydeer Veteran Member

Feb 28, 2012
    south NJ
    I used the purple power in my parts washer, Besides not cutting grease very well I left some alum bike parts in overnight! It just ate them away!! I had diluted it 1-1

5. 73Camaro383

73Camaro383 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 29, 2010
    texas

Wesleys bleach white works wonders for white letter tires and white wall tires. use the bleach white and a wire brush..

6. Blown Camaro

Blown Camaro Veteran Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Deltona, FL
    Me too! I just about ruined my polished aluminum with that Purple Power. It's a VERY strong degreaser (will take your skin off after a couple hours at 1:1 ratio!)

Now I only use it if I am going to paint a part right afterwards. It is excellent to use if you are going to repray your engine compartment/suspension pieces. I used it on 40 year old control arms and they look like new after paint.