very bad crash involving a 2nd gen camaro in PA today

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by muscl car, Aug 6, 2012.

1. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

And even if it was his fault, I'm thinking the other person involved is still feeling some repercussions, sad for all involved. The streets are not the place to screw around, as much fun as it feels like at the time, when stuff like this happens, it has wider effects than we think about when we are just having some "fun". :(

2. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Rockledge, Florida
    I suggest we discuss the accident dynamics in a new thread and leave this one as the one for Michael.

Latest news story:

“He was my pride and joy.”

That’s what Ralph Romeo called his son Michael, 39, who died Wednesday from injuries he suffered in a two-car accident on Mearns Road on Monday afternoon.

Michael was the youngest of the Willow Grove resident’s three sons.

Ralph Romeo said Thursday that funeral arrangements were still being worked on but that Michael will be buried Tuesday. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at St. Vincent de Paul Church in Richboro.

Michael Romeo, who operated a garage door business, was married and the father of three boys — twin sons, 9, and a 7-year-old.

His father said that friends and family are putting together details for a fund for his widow and children.

Also on Thursday, Warwick police said speed caused the crash that claimed Romeo’s life and injured Karen Gold, 56, of Doylestown, the driver of the other vehicle.

The accident occurred when Romeo’s Camaro, which police said was traveling south on Mearns Road at a high rate of speed, went into the northbound lane at a curve in the road. The car was sideways in the northbound lane when it was struck near the driver’s door by Gold’s car, which was traveling north on Mearns.

Police said they had not yet determined how fast the Camaro was going. They said there is no evidence to suggest any violations on the part of the other driver.

3. Bucketlist2012

Bucketlist2012 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 29, 2011
    gone fishing
    I suggest we pray for the family, and learn from this tragedy..we are only one mistake away from this being one of us...

4. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy Veteran Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Arkansas
    yeah thats sad, especially giving the circumstances of the accident and how it happened. i'm trying so hard not to judge.....because the children and family are the ones left behind to suffer.

godspeed mike and i hope we all can learn from this horrific ordeal

5. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy Veteran Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Arkansas
    def glad for that, that could have been anyones wife, mother and daughter

6. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Rustburg, Va
    +1 agreed, this event should be a reminder of what can happen and our loved ones will be the ones who are left behind to get along without us.

7. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Rockledge, Florida
    I said don't make this a blame/analysis thread. [EDIT] PLEASE.

We do not know what happened.

I deer could have run out in front of him, hit the right/left side of the car and forced it into the oncoming lane. The lady may have been speeding.

We just do not know.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  8. ronald66

ronald66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 11, 2008
    Italy,Rome,Nettuno
    +1

9. FatnLow

FatnLow Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Montgomery, AL US
  10. mean94lt1